Tangy and Refreshing.
Overall rating

Appearance

Louche

Aroma

Flavor / Mouthfeel

Finish

Overall

Color- The color looks like a natural dark green and is very appealing.

Louche- I was frustrated by the variability on the louche. I prepared a few doses by pouring water in with a carafe or small pitcher, and the louche was always barely there. I tried slowing down my pouring speed, but it didn't seem to affect the overall louche. I was able to get a better louche on a slow drip from a fountain though, so that's a plus, but I don't like the inconsistency.

Aroma- The aroma is nice, but a little light on the fully prepared dose. During a slow fountain drip there are nice alternating aromas of the wormwood, the spearmint and the anise.

Flavor- I was a little thrown off by the spearmint at first, but the more I've had of the Vieux Carre, without sugar added, I've noticed that the spearmint and wormwood go really well together and are very balanced. Combined with the anise, all three flavors work very well together in a surprising way.

Finish- The finish is nice and light. The wormwood lingers for a little bit, but that's not a problem.

Overall- I really like how well balanced the spearmint and wormwood are. I was surprised at how well they go together with this absinthe. I think if they portions were different, it could result in something very unappetizing, but the Vieux Carre pulls it off.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Post a Comment