(Updated: September 06, 2013)
Overall rating

Appearance

Louche

Aroma

Flavor / Mouthfeel

Finish

Overall

Color: Rather darker than most of the other absinthes I have stocked. Verynice, though - one of the better aspects.

Louche: The louche is nice and thick - which is my preference. This probably has to do with the overwhelming amount of star anise present. Also worth noting that this is a much greener absinthe, post-louche, than I have seen.

Aroma: The star anise is definitely overpowering in aroma, sadly. Not as much as taste but is definitely too forward for my senses.

Flavor: Again... (you know where I'm going, right?) way, way too much star anise. It cheapens the product and sadly - I would most likely find this quite more enjoyble if the star anise was excluded from the entire process. Just keep it out of my absinthe.

Mouthfeel: Not overly creamy - or overly numbing... nothing much to say here.

Finish: Again... star anise.

Overall: Don't get me wrong - I do like this absinthe. I just probably would not purchase a second bottle with such a variety of other absinthes available. The star anise is far too strong. This could definitely be due to my taste so please judge for yourself. I will say that the decanter bottle is a bonus - quite handsome!
J
Top 10 Reviewer 47 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 4

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Post a Comment