(Updated: September 03, 2008)
Overall rating

Appearance

Louche

Aroma

Flavor / Mouthfeel

Finish

Overall

I really like the bottle that Trillium ships in, but I did have higher expectations, even after reading some of the other comments. In general, this product isn't bad, but nothing really sticks out. It's aroma is very one-dimensional. The louche appears to be on par with most of the other brands I've tried (although this one seems to linger at the bottom of the glass, almost like it's layered). The taste, however, is probably the most disappointing thing about it. It lacks complexity and simultaneously fails to compensate in its simplicity. In other words, Trillium falls short by offering no dominant flavor (unless you consider alcohol a flavor). Other brands, while simplistic, typically offer a dominant anise flavor that makes the product more enjoyable.

All that said, I am not necessarily disappointed with the brand and it wasn't unpleasant. It merely failed to grace the beauty of the bottle it ships in.

UPDATE: 3 weeks later, I reopen the bottle for a second tasting. Apparently, after a breather, the anise flavor does find its way to the forefront a little more. While still not one of the world's greatest, the flavor is definitely more pronounced and the alcohol flavor more subdued.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Post a Comment