v.3 - Nice mid-range verte
Overall rating

Appearance

Louche

Aroma

Flavor / Mouthfeel

Finish

Overall

Color- Inviting peridot with light gold edges under natural light. No sediment at all in the sample bottle.

Louche- Very nice think cascading trails right off the bat with a slow pour but it ends too soon and may be a tad too thick when finished.

Aroma- Sweet anise & fennel with some herbs I’ve never smelled before. It’s nice but some points need to be deducted since it’s undetectable after a minute.

Flavor- Overall I would say this is both fresh and flowery- probably due to the wormwood. There’s a decent amount of quality anise & fennel mid palate and ends with a creamy finish. There’s an herb in here that I can’t pick out (probably veronica as Brian points out) that lends a tea-like creaminess to the flavor.

Finish- Minty & fresh with a bit of fennel. I would describe the finish as a tad drying/bitter as opposed to sweet. Somewhat long lasting as well.

Overall- Congrats to Martin for putting together a quality absinthe from the Czech Republic. I’m looking forward to this being available in the states. Hopefully other Czech ‘absinthe producers’ can take note.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Post a Comment