(Updated: December 28, 2009)
Overall rating

Appearance

Louche

Aroma

Flavor / Mouthfeel

Finish

Overall

Color: Very attractive. For blanches, if there are no visible defects, I normally give a 4 instead of a 5 in order to keep them on equal ground with vertes, which I rarely give a 5 for color either.

Louche: The star anise creates a pretty quick louche, but it looks quite nice. Shades of white, blue and pink dance around. Not too thin and not too thick. I only went 1.5:1 on the water ratio since the ABV is so low.

Aroma: Light and refreshing with hints of citrus, talc and confectioner's sugar.

Flavor: Unlike many Le Bleues, which are crisp, Sorciere is more on the sweeter, creamier side. Light and flowery with a bit more anise flavor than the verte. I'd look at this as more of a winter blanche compared to something like Blanchette as a summer refresher.

Finish: Very light with some nice sweetness. Using sugar would be overkill for this brand.

Overall: The brandy isn't as obtrusive in the Bleu as it is in the Verte. Which is nice, but also confusing, since the bleu is lighter in herbal flavor. You'd think the brandy would show through even more. The lack of overpowering brandy flavor is reflected in the score. This is a very well made, very enjoyable blanche. And I don't normally care for blanches.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Post a Comment