(Updated: November 12, 2012)
Overall rating

Appearance

Louche

Aroma

Flavor / Mouthfeel

Finish

Overall

This is a really delicious absinthe. Sampled at both 3:1 and 4:1. The more delicate florals open up at the higher dilution, but it is more powerful and spicy at 3:1. It depends on one's mood!

Color: Perfectly clear with no sediment

Louche: Attractive display of smoke and mist, pretty solid by 2:1 however, just a bit quick forming, but not as quick as many other blanches. It ends in a pretty translucent white with suggestions of light blue.

Aroma: Neat, the aroma is very promising. It is sweet, floral and lightly herbal. As water is added, the room filled with flowers and herbs. A clean, crisp, light, and fresh aroma. The classic character of Swiss la bleue, with just a bit more going on.

Flavor: What an interesting and delicious flavor! The trinity is very well balanced, with a simply wonderful sweet fennel. I don't sugar blanches, and sugar here would be a big mistake, as it is quite sweet to begin with. This is lightly spicy, floral, and has a subtle element that is different from most blanches, that I can't quite pin down.

Finish: A very high quality, layered finish. It builds, unfolds, and lingers nicely. Not as powerful as some...but a smooth delicate ride that fits this recipe. It has a nice smooth mouthfeel without being too thick.

Overall: I'd say this is one of the better blanches from Switzerland. If you like a sweet and floral blanche, you'll enjoy this.

Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account