Sauvage: One for the Ages
Overall rating

Appearance

Louche

Aroma

Flavor / Mouthfeel

Finish

Overall

Really wish I could get my hands on more of this!!!
I bought 3 bottles and thus far have managed to store one which I plan to drink with my youngest daughter when she is drinking age ( She's 7 now so its going to be hard wait). Unfortunately, I had better get that bottle out of sight because its too much of a temptation.

Color: Sunkissed yellow honey, very nice and attractive.

Louche: builds slow and best with the coldest of mountain spring water. Take your time don't rush this for both the louche and the flavor.

Aroma: Wormwood forward waves of scent nicely balanced by fennel and a spicy mintiness.

Flavor/mouthfeel: A tad on the bitter side but not as much as the Roquette 1797, infact it grows on you but likely not for the novice to absinthe unless they are prepared for it. Upon tasting just great vibrant wormwood flavors.

Finish: Complex, and wild and lingers nicely for some time.

Overall: A great product with an exciting marketing campaign that delivers on many levels. The distillation is unique and reveals the very best in special artisinal attention creating a truly unforgettable absinthe experience. The label and bottle design completes the entire package. If you can get a hold of a bottle somewhere somehow please send it my way. I miss this stuff!
L
Top 50 Reviewer 7 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account