(Updated: February 28, 2010)
Overall rating

Appearance

Louche

Aroma

Flavor / Mouthfeel

Finish

Overall

I feel so fortunate to have had this fine time-machine absinthe! It's going to take a lot to really impress me from this point on.

Color: Clear sparkling crystal light amber.

Louche: Slow build with light oil trails quickly turning into milky ghost-like clouds in the bottom with a clearly defined thick clear layer above. At about 2:1 it melded together into a perfect opalescent whitish-yellow with the lightest suggestion of green. Not too thick, not too thin.

Aroma: Delicate and wonderful. Light, clean and balanced with yummy anise, fennel and herbs like a spring breeze. Not overwhelming...just right. No trace of alcohol heat.

Flavor: My God. Yum. Wonderful warm wormwood up front wrapped in the anise and fennel, tempered perfectly by the floral and lightly spicy tingle on the tongue. Smooth and creamy. I can't imagine liking any absinthe's flavor more than this.

Finish: Wonderful balance of elements. It lingered just right without being too bitter, with a light powdery feel and subtle tangy surprise at the very end on the back of the tongue. I wish it had a little more power and linger, but so good...I was sooo close to giving the finish a 5!

Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Post a Comment