This is what I'm talkin' about
Overall rating

Appearance

Louche

Aroma

Flavor / Mouthfeel

Finish

Overall

COLOR--a vibrant amber Fuille Morte, actually lookin' straight-up Orange in the right light. Crystal clear, an easy 5 out of 5.

LOUCHE--Quick to form but not without subtlety and theatrics, given a nice slow drip. A really nice peachy color when done. I give it a 5 for the color novelty alone.

AROMA-- A pronounced "old books and leather" undertone, opening up considerably with the addition of water. Very nice. I was outside with a breeze going on and had no trouble smelling it. 5.

FLAVOR--A delicious progression of flavors smoothly blended. Well balanced, harmonious across the board. Not so much an arpeggio as a chord. Really nice mouthfeel, creamy without being too heavy. Sticks in the back of the nose. 5.

FINISH--Long and lingering. Strange tongue-numbing mixed with Old BooksTM in the nose for, I kid you not, 3 or more hours. 5.

OVERALL--I knew it got better than PF 1901 but couldn't really picture how until this tasting. If I were to win some cosmic LottoTM tomorrow I would drink nothing else.
B
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 1

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Post a Comment