Now THIS is Absinthe!
Overall rating

Appearance

Louche

Aroma

Flavor / Mouthfeel

Finish

Overall

Color: Pacifique starts with a very clear and natural green coloration. This is just a tad too light but otherwise perfect.

Louche: The louche is slow to start and is turbulent with slight oil traces. Later on the louche blooms really well and is a wonderful gradient with a clear top and milky bottom. When finished the louche is near perfect in terms of translucent to milky. Pacifique is incredibly beautiful when it is ready to drink.

Aroma: The aroma is right up my alley! This is a complex and herbaceous smell with not one scent overpowering another. I may be caught wearing this as cologne in the near future!

Flavor: This is an extremely balanced drink. The mixture of herbs is present and although the traditional herbal flavors are definitely there, they do not mask the other ingredients too much. The balance and mixture definitely make this a unique absinthe. Pacifique is an herb-strong drink that is slightly bitter, and I could understand where one would want to add a bit of sugar, but not me.

Finish: The finish is warm and has a slightly numbing sensation. The complexity stays and dances around just a bit. Not too much of a change but very refreshing.

Overall: This is an amazing herbal absinthe that is about as balanced as it gets. The drink is very prone to ratio modifications and doesn't do too well lighter than 1:4 whereas any stronger would be too strong.
E
Top 10 Reviewer 70 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 5 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Post a Comment