(Updated: August 22, 2014)
Overall rating

Appearance

Louche

Aroma

Flavor / Mouthfeel

Finish

Overall

Unlouched, Pacifique is a fairly complex green/yellow with a clean scent a bit reminiscent of fir trees. Once tempered with water, these hints are still present alongside a nice balance of the expected absinthe herbs. The louche itself takes a bit to form and is a bit thin – but is entertaining to view and builds into a solid yellowish-green milkiness.

As for flavor – the aromas do not lie and much of the strong herbal character is also quite present in the mouth. Again – very balanced. This is one of the more bitter absinthes I’ve had but I love them this way. Good with or without sugar – though I normally take this one without.

Something I really appreciate about this absinthe is that all of the botanicals are listed on the bottle. Grain neutral spirits with; anise, angelica, coriander, fennel, hyssop, melissa, grand wormwood, and roman wormwood. You know exactly what goes into this elixir.

08/22/2014 UPDATE: Corrected score to account for what I consider a thinner louche. Not as bad as some - but this bottle I have is quite thinner than I remember. Water must be VERY COLD. Slow drip.
J
Top 10 Reviewer 47 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Post a Comment