(Updated: August 03, 2013)
Overall rating

Appearance

Louche

Aroma

Flavor / Mouthfeel

Finish

Overall

Appearance: A very light green, the lightest verte I've seen as of yet.

Louche: Starts with swirling oil trails and forms beautifully, not too fast at first but then quickly developes. it seems as though it would lair well at first but then it takes over all at once.

Aroma: nice alpine coolness with a threshold of detectable alcohol presence

Flavor/mouthfeel: The mouthfeel is a tad thin. The trinity here is pretty straightforward anise and fennel play around, they are introduced to a light mintiness, then the crisp wormwood comes in. The flavor is creamy and satisfying but plays it safe. I will have to dock some points off for the thin mouthfeel.

Finish: Goes from slightly creamy with anise and wormwood, to light peppery, and ends in slightly tingly. The longest profile of the finish being the slightly tingly. It still has room to entice and leaves me wanting more.

Overall: A decent absinthe that is great to put things in perspective. I would recommend it as a great absinthe to evaluate and identify the trinity (anise, fennel, and Grande Wormwood). It is great both for newcomers and serious Absintheurs. It is not one dimensional and not complex. This would be a good everyday absinthe.
C
Report this review Was this review helpful? 4 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Post a Comment