(Updated: August 12, 2008)
Overall rating

Appearance

Louche

Aroma

Flavor / Mouthfeel

Finish

Overall

the Color is nice, but I've seen clearer. Good peridot hue, not too blue or yellow.

the Louche is right there from the word go. I personally like the louche to be pretty substantial but not completely opaque. It comes on a little too quick for my taste but is lots of fun to watch.

the Aroma is nice, but not what I'd call complex.

the Flavor is also quite nice, but once again, Complex is not a word that comes to mind.

the Finish is technically what I like in a Verte, with a semi-crisp semi-peppery bite at the end. I really like this quality but with this brand it seems like a destination without much of a journey.I'm not sure how else to say it.

I must agree with Peridot,the components are there but don't all the way add up. Still, you can bet the farm that I like this better than he does.

I'd keep it around for guests or the occasional once in a while, but I don't think I'll be drinking it as regularly as Mystique, for example.

A good starter absinthe, if you don't like this stuff then don't drink Absinthe. If you do, then prepare for the rest of your life to be a delicious aesthetic adventure.
B
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Post a Comment