Great first bottle
Overall rating

Appearance

Louche

Aroma

Flavor / Mouthfeel

Finish

Overall

Lucid was the first absinthe I purchased, and it got me hooked. After buying several more over the next year I began trying other absinthes. Still, Lucid is one of my favorites, and a great one to start with.

Appearance:
Intriguing bottle, it is always looking at you! Very light green, just enough to note it is not clear. Much lighter than most absinthe.

Louche:
This is one of my favorite louche effects. It will certainly surprise most people when the very light, nearly clear, absinthe turns a thick and cloudy white when adding water. It is a great effect, one of the best.

Aroma:
It smells like absinthe without the completely overwhelming anise, which I do not like.

Flavor:
Very good flavor. Depending on how strong your mix is you can choose how much flavor and warmth you want from it without losing the signature absinthe taste. Also good with sugar, but definitely not necessary.

Finish:
The finish is not too strong, but does give a lingering taste. Nothing note worthy about it, other than, again, being a great choice for a first absinthe.

Overall:
It is a great bottle to pick up, and is available much more than any other I have seen. Definitely worth a try even if it is more expensive than your average liquor. One of my personal favorites.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 5 1

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Post a Comment