Overall rating

Appearance

Louche

Aroma

Flavor / Mouthfeel

Finish

Overall

*Received as a sample in an absinthe explore set from absinthes.com

Appearance - While clear and natural in appearance, the color is less "golden" and more an offputting shade of yellow (Melinda likened it to a urine sample).

Louche - The louche is very quick. Initially, it was interesting to watch, but was very thick and opaque at around the 2:1 mark.

Aroma - Here is where this effort begins to fail completely. If I could liken the aroma to anything, it would be slightly burned paper removed from a crayon. I didn't get any herbal or alcohol smell, just that of burned crayon paper.

Flavor/Mouthfeel - My suspicions of this absinthe based on "aroma" were confirmed with the first taste. Overwhelming alcohol with an overriding bitterness. The previous review mentioned the "body odor" comparison that Melinda also made upon the first taste. Of the ten absinthes we have tried, this is the first that saw us both unable to finish the glass - the vast majority saw its way down the sink.

Finish - Based on the flavor, this could not be good. Indeed, we both did everything we could to just make it stop.

Overall - This is definitely one to avoid. I am only happy that it wasn't the first sample we tried, or else we wouldn't have been as excited about the experience. If I had ordered a bottle of this, I can't imagine its ever seeing the light of day after the initial tasting. -zb
M
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 3

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account