Why?
Overall rating

Appearance

Louche

Aroma

Flavor / Mouthfeel

Finish

Overall

Note: I did this as a before/after with the non-barrel-aged L'Enjôleuse, so may be more comparative than standalone.

Appearance: There isn't a noticeable difference in appearance from the barrel-aging, and it still appears to be a deep fuille morte.

Louche: Yellow-green and overly creamy, but it has some glowing rust and amber reflections that were certainly not present before.

Aroma: There's a bit of pie spice and pleasantness, and it's not overwhelmingly anisey, but it still has some substantial camphor notes punching through.

Flavor/Mouthfeel: To me, this tasted extremely soapy. It had very sour, mentholated flavors and a somewhat dusty taste...still a big anise presence. It certainly FEELS like there's some vanilla flavors present, but it's hard to detect the flavor too well.

Finish: There are some bad throat sensations to go with the juicy/mouthwatering and sour sensations...not in a pleasant way. It's a bit more of a salival assault. There is some hint of oak here, but not much.

Overall: Again, I'm not quite sure why this absinthe is this way...barrel-aging would have me hope for smoothness and some vanilla notes, but this is just more mentholated and harshness.
A
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 1

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account