Appearance

Louche

Aroma

Flavor / Mouthfeel

Finish

Overall

-Color-
Before Water: Pale amber.

After Water: Creamy straw with light green tint.

-Louche-
The impressive louche was repeatable with different methods (slow pour vs. brouilleur); nice bouncing tendrils and well defined, rolling fog bank.

-Aroma-
Before Water: Aroma is VERY floral with alcohol heat.

After Water: L'Art has one my favorite absinthe aromas of all time. Wonderfully, sweetly floral wormwood that's smoother than it is brisk; fruity; full, yet clean and refreshing.

-Flavor-
The great things in the aroma are reflected well in the flavor. Sweetly floral wormwood upfront with fruity herbaceousness and softly creamy support from anise and/or fennel section, followed by some mintyness as we move to the finish. I can't tell for sure but I suspect a subtle grape base contributes the great flavor profile. I'm amazed at how sweet and full this tastes without being cloying in the least.

-Finish-
Here we start to get a bit more brisk zing from the wormwood as the sweetness fades cleanly with a pinch of alcohol heat and perhaps a specter of spice.

-Overall-
Could be a 4 or a 5; It's at least as good as the best COs that I've tried and is only eclipsed by some pre-ban I've sampled. Some folks may look for more complexity, contrast or depth, but for me the uniquely refreshing flavor really transports me; it's almost like some kind of anti-candy. Too bad it's no longer for sale, but I'm grateful for the chance to try it.
G
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Post a Comment