Disappointing Flavor....
Overall rating

Appearance

Louche

Aroma

Flavor / Mouthfeel

Finish

Overall

Color: Fake, bright green. Similar color to that Sour Apple Pucker Liqeur. Clearly unacceptable. What saved it from a 1 is the fact that it is clear, bright, and free of sediment.

Louche: The louche was full and came in quickly even with a relatively quick pour. It took the fake green and made it more attractive, proper degree of opalescence, attractive. A 5 here was out of the question though as it still has an artificial slant to it.

Aroma: Aroma is strongly of alcohol with some anise on the side. Not complex or particularly attractive. No hint of wormwood at all.

Flavor: Sweet licorice candy. I knew this beverage would be a little funky based upon what I had read about it previously, but the flavor itself was even more disappointing that what I had anticipated. One dimensional, not pleasant, wrong flavor. No wormwood detectable. First 'absinthe' I came close to sinking half way through.

Finish: Immediately numbed my tongue, which in a way was good because it made it harder to taste the unpleasant flavor.

Overall: Disappointing. Definitely my least favorite tasting so far. I'm not overly experienced with tasting absinthe, but from what I do know, this is NOT what it should taste like.
D
Report this review Was this review helpful? 5 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Post a Comment