(Updated: August 12, 2008)
Overall rating

Appearance

Louche

Aroma

Flavor / Mouthfeel

Finish

Overall

If you like the Kubler product in the US, I believe you'll enjoy this one as much or even more. It has an aroma and taste that are ever so slightly better, in ways that I cannot describe.

The color is perfectly clear and the louche is patient, translucent, and a very fine combination of rumbling thunder clouds with small oily trails dancing on top. The aroma is complex and fills the room. It is definitely overpowering and non-fans might find it too much. I felt that in spite of its goodness, it wasn't perfect and taste seemed the most appropriate place to take the points away. The taste is very mellow and non-offensive. It is also complex, without any one flavor dominating. All these add up to a slight disappointment because there is almost nothing to talk about.

The finish cleans up well and leaves the mouth feeling like it did before the first sip. But the flavor from the aroma lingers, calling out for the next sip.

This is probably my favorite of all blanches and vertes combined and one I will definitely keep stocked.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Post a Comment