Overall rating

Appearance

Louche

Aroma

Flavor / Mouthfeel

Finish

Overall

Appearance- Well, it's clear.
Louche- Pretty good louche. Not *too* opaque and definitely not thin. Nice and cloudy.
Aroma- Pretty strong anise. The anise is the main thing I notice here but it's not what I would call a 'bomb', as the wormwood and other botanicals do contribute something. So it ends up being a bit of a generic 'candied' smell. Not really a terrible or even bad aroma but not nearly as balanced as I really want with an absinthe.
Flavor/Mouthfeel- The mouthfeel is good but with much less numbing than I'd like. Flavor was just like the aroma. I'm not a huge fan of licorice types of flavors but even with this being fairly anise heavy, I still enjoyed it. There was just enough of the wormwood and other flavors (subtle mint) to keep it grounded as a solid absinthe.
Finish-Not much to say. It goes quick and with no new developments either bad or good, except that I did notice the wormwood bitterness just a bit more here, which is nice, but it was very subtle.
Overall- I haven't had too many blanches but this seems like a good solid blanche. For me it's just not complex enough to want to buy more of it. Seems the price has gone up over the years, also. At $50 a liter, it would probably be a nice deal.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 1

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Post a Comment