What was I thinking?
Overall rating

Appearance

Louche

Aroma

Flavor / Mouthfeel

Finish

Overall

Having tried and enjoyed immensely four authentic absinthes and two U.S. available substitute absinthes (Pernod and Absente), which were also enjoyable, curiousity got the better of me. I purchased a bottle of the King of Spirits Gold. The color is an unpleasant yellowish-green or greenish-yellow with plant matter in the bottom of the bottle. The louche is non-existent. Aroma? There is barely a hint of licorice. Taste? This has to be the most vile tasting alcoholic concoction I have ever tasted. It tastes like turpentine. As for finish it leaves a taste reminiscent of gasoline. Overall? STAY AWAY!! When I think of the other absinthes I could have purchased with the $225.00 I WASTED on this...stuff. I'm going to stand in the corner for a few hours.
JR
Report this review Was this review helpful? 10 2

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
Already have an account? or Create an account
November 01, 2012
I tried a glass of this straight well a little ice, in Absintheria in Prague just last week . At home I had a Kubler, a Lucid and an over priced Century , but thought I should try a Czech Absinthe, when in Prague so to speak, I asked the bar tender for a good recommendation. I paid too much and now it sits unopened looking for a new owner. any offers ?
U
unclegilly
1 results - showing 1 - 1
Post a Comment