Overall rating

Appearance

Louche

Aroma

Flavor / Mouthfeel

Finish

Overall

Appearance: A natural vegetation green.

Louche: Easily forms and is thick, a light natural green color. Not bad, but not outstanding.

Aroma: The aroma is sweet and floral with anise overtones.

Flavor/Mouthfeel: This is an anisebomb, but the flavor is gone almost as soon as it arrives. This is one of the sweetest absinthes I've tried, and no sugar was added. Sugar would certainly make this absinthe sickeningly sweet. I can taste some wormwood mixed in with the initial flavor, but it's mostly star anise. The progression of flavors to me goes, really sweet, a dash of wormwood and then woody bark star anise on the finish. And then most of the flavor is gone. The mouthfeel is kind of thin to me, and only after a few sips there is a lot of tongue numbing going on.

Finish: I find the finish very lacking in this absinthe. It fades very quickly and when it fades, it's almost all gone. It's kind of like drinking star anise flavored water.

Overall: I do like this absinthe, but as a sweet, dessert like absinthe. It is about what an average absinthe should be considered. I like it more than a lot of the popular average brands like Lucid or Kubler, but it's not a good absinthe like Vilya, Pacifique or Vieux Carre. Not bad, I'd gladly have a glass every now and then when I'm in the mood for a sweet absinthe, but it's not something I would go out of my way to have in my collections on a regular basis.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account