(Updated: January 01, 2014)
Overall rating

Appearance

Louche

Aroma

Flavor / Mouthfeel

Finish

Overall

Appearance: Bright olive with no sediment.

Louche: Upon adding water this forms a thick, unpenetrable louche that's somewhat unattractively colored...it was creepily reminiscent of pleghm.

Aroma: The scent is big and sweet like bubble gum while louching, and is pretty pleasant. Seems like it has a wine base? Once louched, there's something peppery like allspice.

Flavor/Mouthfeel: The anise isn't overwhelming but it's pretty jellybean-like. It's extremely sweet, and peppery without being heated. Swishing it around in my mouth opened up the flavor in a BAD WAY.

Finish: Extremely tongue-numbing, dry, and velvety (although I think the velvety texture is from the sugary-ness).

Overall: If I didn't know any better this absinthe would probably be appealing as it wouldn't completely turn me away from exploring absinthe and it has intriguing aspects...but tasting the breadth of absinthes that I've experienced, this one is not I would want to drink regularly.

ADDENDUM: To confirm my sugar suspicions, this was kept in a sample-sized bottle, and is now CRAWLING with mold. Yuck.
A
Report this review Was this review helpful? 4 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account