Cool and refreshing.
Overall rating

Appearance

Louche

Aroma

Flavor / Mouthfeel

Finish

Overall

The colour is almost perfectly clear but has a slight yellow tinge. The aroma is minty, grapey, and sweet-smelling. Anise is a bit acrid.

With water it clouds up very fast, becoming nearly opaque. Milky white with blue and grey texture, slightly chalky. The minty aroma is now full-blown peppermint. Powder and anise in support roles. Still sweet but with wormwood peeking through.

This absinthe is very sweet with significant, minty cooling on the tongue. Star anise is evident but it doesn't bother me like it does in some other absinthes. The wormwood is present but subdued. Chamomile and lemon. Thick mouthfeel but very refreshing, as though an absinthe has been made from combining Sleepytime and peppermint herbal teas. The traditional absinthe flavour is there but it sits beneath all the inventiveness.

The finish is overly numbing and dominated by the herbal tea flavours as opposed to the absinthe herbs. Citrusy, fading to soft powder.

It's definitely an odd one (although I have had a couple of absinthes that bore some similarites) but I like it a lot. It would be improved with the round, fruity flavour of green anise instead of the numbing acridness of star anise, but it's nonetheless one of the better oddities I've had.
A
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account