DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Figuring that if I'm going to sweat in this heat, I might as well have a good reason. Sorry to be so uncultured that I'm trying various things I have combined in a shot glass. While searching the web I came upon this little gem. Mean while, back to dusting off some old bottles. Should mention the Castries, Kahlua and Licor 43 is a nice twist. If I just stay away from the tequila, gotta keep that for Kathy, I should be okay.

Even More Jesus Imperial Stout from Denmark. The name may seem boastful, but...

Black as midnight pour, thick tan head, nose and flavor of bitter chocolate, coffee, licorice, smoked meat, cedar. graham cracker, clove, nutmeg, mandarin orange, tangerine, strawberry, raspberry, apricot, plum, tobacco, leather, raisin, fig, date, and prune. Insanely complex with an absolute motor oil consistency. Even bigger than Dark Lord, and far more balanced and delicious with an eternal syrupy, bittersweet finish with surprisingly little alcohol heat, considering its 12% abv..

OMG! My new favorite RIS, hands down. :yahoo:

Comparing this stuff to The Abyss would be like comparing HOD Dave to HOD Adam. The flavors are more than tangential, but the EMJ is much deeper and much more complex.

The one slightly down side to this elixir is that it runs about $15 for an 11.2 oz. bottle, which makes it about twice the price of my beloved Abyss. However, the bottom line is that it's actually worth it.

Edited by Absomphe

Firestone walkers double IPA. Lookout...

Very good. Very hoppy. Reminds me of great divide's Hercules double IPA. I'd have to have them side by side to tell which is better. Very tasty.

Edited by greytail

Far out, man!

Yeah Baby, :cheers:

I know what you mean, the picture makes it look like I should have loud techno music in the background. Sorry, all I got are acoustical music boxes. I'll have to try to play 'Voodoo Chile' on the mandolin I guess. :bguitar: ;)

Yeah Baby, :cheers:

I know what you mean, the picture makes it look like I should have loud techno music in the background. Sorry, all I got are acoustical music boxes. I'll have to try to play 'Voodoo Chile' on the mandolin I guess. :bguitar: ;)

You knew someone would be doing it.

Damn good at it, too! This

is not bad either. :)

Drinking some arak with lemon and sugar. Not quite the same as a nice absinthe, but it hits the spot during a heatwave.

Earlier today, I got all excited because a local bar is carrying some Three Floyds on tap. I don't miss much from Chicago, but Floyds tops the list.

And while were at it, lets hit the old Vieux Pontarlier with this

on mandolin

Yeah yeah baby :cheers:

I think were in the wrong thread here... but who cares. Absinthe is flexible.

I'm thinking this is working perfectly.

See terms of service:

6. Try To Stay On Topic

In the past, this was not strictly enforced here, however please try to steer things back occasionally. The admins or mods will move topics into the appropriate forum if necessary. If a topic or thread becomes offensive or far off topic, it may be either deleted, locked, split or moved.

Do not hijack another poster's thread with nonsense. If you're not interested in the topic, skip it. Threads that start out as complete nonsense may be exempt from this rule.

So that's 13.50 for every gallon after its brought to bottling proof?

This is how the TTB defines Proof Gallon.

"A gallon of liquid at 60? F, which contains 50 percent by volume of ethyl alcohol having a specific gravity of 0.7939 at 60? F, referred to water at 60? F, as unity, or the alcoholic equivalent." Thank goodness the conversion gauging is easier to understand than the TTB Glossary definition.

I don't mind paying my fair share for roads and schools. I'm good with the existence of tax. That being said getting our products from Ridge's dock to the end consumer does drive up the price. Sad for both you and me but a necessary evil if we what get our products out there.

Sipping Genepi Liqueur and watching those two videos. Suh-weeeet!

Glad to see you doing your homework. ;)

Sampling the Blues Cat. Definitely a Delaware Phoenix Distillery absinthe. :cheers:

And another sampling glass of the L'Ancienne. Intriguing this one is. Once you get over the initial shock of how different it is. Worlds apart these two are.

"Stay thirsty my friends." B)

*"this one is", "these two are", I think my inner Yoda is trying to get out.

Edited by Songcatcher

See, that's what I meant about it being understandable that you'd be a bit blindsided by the strikingly different taste of a pre-ban (or extremely pre-ban like absinthe. Even to the point where you might think it tastes downright odd, at first. I'm rooting for Yoda's complete escape, at least when it comes to L'Ancienne. :) :cheers:

Edited by Absomphe