DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Not sure about tonight but right now, just some strong coffee.

Enjoying a lil Caffeine myself this fine spring morning. But I do see some Ridge Verte on the horizon.

Edited by Songcatcher

It may seem odd to some folks but I was showing my neighbors our new storm shelter.
I can't imagine ANYONE thinking that is odd.

Especially not if you know Bill. The guy gets a new tornado shelter installed in his home for Precious and himself, but has the 10 person model installed to make sure the neighbors are safe too. Typical.

Seriously folks, the man has a heart of gold. A fucking enormous heart of gold.

Cheers to you, Bill. :cheers:

Had a Jade PF then a Ridge V while doing some light gardening, repairing bird feeders, cleaning out the fountain.... and thinking about where to plant my first Artemisia absinthium.

It may seem odd to some folks but I was showing my neighbors our new storm shelter.
I can't imagine ANYONE thinking that is odd.

Especially not if you know Bill. The guy gets a new tornado shelter installed in his home for Precious and himself, but has the 10 person model installed to make sure the neighbors are safe too. Typical.

Seriously folks, the man has a heart of gold. A fucking enormous heart of gold.

Cheers to you, Bill. :cheers:

Very Nice Bill! A nice big bottle of Double Dead Guy, after another good day trout fishing, and enjoying the Flyers game. Finally going "down the shore" for stripers on Tuesday for my buddy's birthday. Fishing and drinking, what a perfect combination. :devil:

Edited by techdiver

Sauvage and Ridge V fir lunch. Except for appearance and louche, these are twins from a different mother. The Ridge is a touch better balanced, but they are very similar.

In conclusion, I had two amazingly aromatic glasses of absinthe for lunch. That makes me happy.

:laf:

Sauvage on its own. This is actually better than the previous already awesome edition. Well done to the master distiller at EP, and his photographed helper. :)

Trying the Duplais Verte out again now that it's been open for a few weeks. I'm still underwhelmed. :no:

That said, it's MUCH better than the Germain-Robin I tried out earlier.

Trying the Duplais Verte out again. I'm still underwhelmed.

I'd have to agree. Nothing about it really stood out to me. Unlike the VP (my favorite so far). Not to say I wouldn't buy another bottle mind you (just to make sure). A well made product, just nothing to write home about.

Edited by Songcatcher

and I just LOVE Duplais V. For me it's up there with Ridge V and Pacifique.

Interestingly, after trying a few glasses I am underwhelmed by Leopold's. I like it fine, but there's something in it that reminds me a little of Lucid. Just a little, but... for $70+ I'm not sure I'd try it again. I'll see how it tastes in a few weeks.

Edited by crow

Grape based absinthes do age very well. The Sauvage is pre aged, and it benefitted from being opened a bit. (I wonder if the grape based portion got to age much).

Not sure about tonight but right now, just some strong coffee.

Enjoying a lil Caffeine myself this fine spring morning. But I do see some Ridge Verte on the horizon.

Pretty cool!

I'm still underwhelmed.
I was quite underwhelmed
I am underwhelmed
Sooner or later, we all find a well made absinthe that for some reason is underwhelming. Sometimes, what knocked our socks off a few months ago doesn't quite do it. While there could be many reasons, I like to put it in beer terms: some days I want a hoppy IPA and some days, I want a thick chewy stout. Usually, I grab the house absinthe which only makes it more of a treat when instead of Ridge, I grab a glass of Leopold or Pacifique. I seem to choose my absinthe based on the mood I'm in. :twitchsmile:

It's ok, I've sunk Perroquet. And Stone's Donut.

At least sugar rescued my next glass of Perroquet since it is very well made.

The Donut was a waste of $$ and time. Nasty is as nasty does.

Agreed. I need to give Eddy another chance. A mix of Pacifique and Eddy worked out awesome.

I was underwhelmed by both Jade Eddy and PF when I first tried them. I waited a few months (emptied the bottles a little by feeding it to my husband) and now I like them quite fine.

Wondering if it's the aging or my growing sophistication with great absinthes...

(...or... maybe it's MY aging? Naaaawwwww....)

Edited by crow

The 1901 and Eddy I had were kindly donated, so aging wasn't an issue. My green palate very likely was.

Wish I knew what PF tastes like, but maybe I should season my palate more, before trying to aquire that.

okay I am confused... by "PF" I meant "PF 1901" which is what the label says.

Is it me, or is it him?