DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

EARTHQUAKE! before going to see Queens of the Stone Age. Well I think I'm going, it all depends if I can talk someone down into selling me a ticket for as close to the asking retail price as possible :unsure:

No time to ritual, so some malt booze aged in bourbon and sherry casks in the Glen Morangie. With a dash of water. I'm rather fond of it, so I lock it when less than stellar people visit.

Water. I caught a nasty case of the creeping crud 2 weeks ago and I'm just now able to sleep through the night without coughing myself silly. I promised to be a good girl (sans booze) to my MD in exchange for a Z-Pac. Friday night, all bets are off though. :cheers:

Believe it or not, I'm letting the dog use the vaporizer. He gets a nasty hacking honk when he stays in our basement and I've figured out it's the dry air irritating his collapsing trachea. I wonder if he'd like some absinthe? :twitchsmile:

Spoiled puppies.......The Imp lives better than I do, all he needs now is to take over my absinthe collection, and the circle will be complete.

I'm letting the dog use the vaporizer.

I don't think that would be good for a puppy.... :blink:... OH! That kind of vaporizer. Sorry. Move along. Nothing to see here.

Sipping on the most recent batch of Amber I made. Using Willamette for both the bitters and the aroma. Not bad at all. I hope my Willamette crop pulls through this year, its not looking so good though. Oh well. my Cascade and my Magnum Hops are looking good though!

:cheers:

A Reelfoot Manhattan.

I've been trying off and on to reverse engineer this sucker since I had it on my birthday at the Patterson House in Nashville last summer. I think I finally got it down. For those interested:

REELFOOT MANHATTAN

2 oz. Old Weller 107 bourbon

3/4 oz. Carpano Antica sweet vermouth

1/2 oz. Dolin dry vermouth

Laphroaig scotch and Regan's orange bitters for rinse

Rinse chilled cocktail glass with Laphroaig; dump excess. Rinse glass again with Regan's orange bitters; dump excess. Stir other ingredients with ice and strain into prepared glass. Garnish with flamed orange peel.

Maybe the best Manhattan I've ever had. I mean it, y'all!

AiO, next time you need to dump excess Laphroaig, give me a call!

Wait a minute, I don't think that came out the way I intended.

Anyway, that sounds like a great Manhattan :)

No love for the Regan's? ;)

Most booze I "dump" goes straight down the hatch. The next one is to your health though, BK!

Once a Tennessee boy...

EDIT: Congrats on that (lucky) 13,000th post, T. :)

Edited by AiO

Just a few more dollars ahead...

Once a Tennessee boy...

EDIT: Congrats on that (lucky) 13,000th post, T. :)

And there I stood on the other side of the M'issippi. Small world.

Thanks. Crap...13001.