DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Wish I could have been there in Vancounver, despite the Hills Sazerac... wtf?

Right now I'm drinking a Manhattan with bacon-infused bourbon.

The last bottle of Guinness 250 Anniversary Stout that's been kicking around in my fridge since, well, since the 250 anniversary (google sez ... 2009). And the last bottle was as disappointing as the previous 5. Take a draught Guinness (which I love), give it a bit more body, and carbonation. What do you get? Fizzy, weak stout.

Moving on to the Black Bushmills soon. I know that won't let me down.

Coffee Porter with dinner, a pontalier glass of Pacifique. I only have granulated sugar, so I put ice on the spoon, sprinkled sugar on ice, and dripped cold water on the combo. Delicious!!

Finishing a 60+ hour work week with a 17-hour day with a plain gin cocktail with wormwood bitters. Haven't eaten since noon so I'm feeling it nice and good.... Domino's is on the way :twitchsmile:

Did a Ricard, Lucid, Pacifique comparasion with my bro to introduce him to Pacifique. Before the Pacifique, he preferred pastis over absinthe. Now he sees the pleasure of a quality absinthe. He still likes the pastis, but sees it as a different, and more ordinary liquor.

Mostly because he left the bottle of good Herbsaint on the shelf, for some fruity vodka. :-(

The Lucid was traded for the Ricard, I think I'll use the cat eyes for cocktails.

Spring break is over at our house. The kids and their kids are leaving for their respective homes.

I intend to celebrate with something very very good and probably about as old as Absomphe.

We dearly love'em :heart: but I have beer to bottle and a mead to start. Tough to do with kids 6, 4 and 2.......all unleashed. :laugh:

Peace

and quiet. :devil: