DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

My first Pacifique in over a year from a new bottle,

The same great interwoven complexity and finesse, but the louche and mouth feel are definitely fuller than I remember, much closer to the levels of Meadow of Love, or even one of the Jades. :thumbup:

Horchata at a local taco shop. They make it themselves, and the last little bit from the glass is always a little chalky or gritty from the sediment. Real food makes me happy :)

Mansinthe. Submitted my first review :paperbag3:

Hey! No paper bag for you, Babble. That was a fine review of what sounds to be a very good absinthe. I for one appreciate it when folks add reviews, because that's what I (and a lot of absinthe newbies) look to when figuring out what to buy next.

Oh, and right now I'm sipping some Gypsy Chariot 2009 white wine blend. It was a nice little number to have with some fresh cheese ravioli in olive oil.

A glass of La Grenouille after Pacifique.

What a delightful contrast between two top echelon absinthes! :thumbup:

Horchata at a local taco shop. They make it themselves, and the last little bit from the glass is always a little chalky or gritty from the sediment. Real food makes me happy :)

Shades of our favorite local taqueria, La Gloria.

The horchata and champurrado are second to none, and that gritty/chalky thing always makes me happy. :cheers:

Drinking David's Secret Weapon white tea. Last night I introduced my girlfriends friend to absinthe. Gave her a glass of Clandestine then made her a Monkey Gland followed by a Brunelle. She loved it and is thinking about buying a bottle.

Voyager (Marc's gin) and tonic. What a perfectly delightful evening. Precious is home and all is well in our world. :)

Good night and best wishes to all. :cheers:

I'm too far gone to continue.

Peace!

A bottle of Lost Abbey Red Poppy Ale. A gorgeous Flemish Sour. A bit too carbonated for me, but aside from that, it has a great funkiness and nice sourness that's not nearly as tart as something like the Pinotlambicus I just recently had, but very nice.

Half 'n halves of Pacifique and La Grenouille.

Amazing...the somewhat austere dryness of the froggy is mitigated by the brightness of Pacifique, and the Angelica really blends well with the mallow and floral perfume of La Grenouille. I'd definitely recommend this combo to anyone who has both of these on hand.

I've heard that the Akvelds are faithful reproductions of Serge's creations.

Although I did enjoy it, I wasn't exactly a huge fan of the type of spiciness exhibited in the verte, but I had to give it major ups for quirkiness, and originality.

Your enthusiasm, however, certainly has me curious enough to purchase a bottle, along with La Grenouille, when I put in my next Rue Verte order.

Seems like the last of Helfrich's verte had a nice citrus note also. I really liked his booze.

I'll do Akvelds Just as soon as things settle down around here. We do love the kids.

I know, I know......a man has to have priorities. :devil:

Indeed! :cheers:

We do love the kids.

Hey, I love cabrito barbacoa as much as the next guy, but great absinthe is something else, entirely. :laugh: