DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Don't tell me, let me guess...

Leopold Bros., by any chance?

I hope I'm wrong, but damn, I'm getting sick of hearing how damned good batch # 10 is, considering there's a less than 0% chance that this stick-up-its-arse state will ever carry it, or any other batch #.

Come to think of it, that color looks a tad bright for the Leopold, though.

The very last of the rediscovered 1914, followed by a L'Italienne.

The picture is of Batch #11, Absomphe. Fear not, though......

After screwing around with red tape for what seemed like foreever, we filed the corrected paperwork with the Washington State rep for both our Gin and our Absinthe this very day. Apparently a bar in Seattle asked for both....we don't know which one, but when I find out, I'll let you know. The Wash. Liq. rep we spoke with said that you'll be able to order the Absinthe through the Wash. State system in a couple of days. He may be full of it, but that's what he told us. I'll give you the ID # for the Absinthe when I get it.

Appreciate the interest.

And I really appreciate all your efforts, and interest, Todd, thank you!

I really hope that guy was on the level, because I definitely have a hankerin'. :cheers:

After screwing around with red tape for what seemed like foreever, we filed the corrected paperwork with the Washington State rep for both our Gin and our Absinthe this very day. Apparently a bar in Seattle asked for both....we don't know which one, but when I find out, I'll let you know. The Wash. Liq. rep we spoke with said that you'll be able to order the Absinthe through the Wash. State system in a couple of days. He may be full of it, but that's what he told us. I'll give you the ID # for the Absinthe when I get it.

Appreciate the interest.

:yahoo:

Don't tell me, let me guess...

Leopold Bros., by any chance?

I hope I'm wrong...

You are.

The picture is of Batch #11

Nope, I haven't received that sample yet, but hopefully today.

I wish I could say I had some Leopold Bros for the weekend, but sadly still a no go in VA. Thankfully, my order from LDF arrived today. Sipping my first glass of La Coquette as I type. Cheers! :cheers:

Picture165.jpg

What next?

Trillium. There is an unrealized potential in this beverage. Really.

For some reason the wormwood is way too bitter in the aftertaste. JMO!

With a little work it could be a lot better.

I started with L'Italienne and tried a blanche and someone mentioned Trillium. That is what is in my glass now. Interesting stuff.

Absomphe made a statement about L'Italienne being "dry" and I must agree. Perhaps a little less water would make it better for me.

:cheers:

It's a Trillium night for sure, I had a glass several hours ago, finishing off my sample. After the louche the color really was that of a blanche, I swear there was even less color than the first time I had it.

My next two bottles of Sazerac single barrel arrived today, there may still be whiskey in my evening :thumbup:

Deschutes The Dissident, an Oud Bruin Flanders style ale that is also a kriekbier (sour cherries were added during the 18 month fermentation). The commercial description on Ratebeer.com claims that this is an 11% brew, but my bottle claims it's only 9%, which is still strong for a Flanders Oud Bruin.

This ale was aged in cabernet, and pinot noir barrels, and they are redolent in the flavor, along with a very nice Brett yeast sourness...not as tart as many wild yeast ales, but on the plus side, more refined, and elegant than most of them.

The color is a beautiful deep mahogany, and there's a slim tan head, which produces a superb lacing. The ale is mouth-coating, and very sour cherry/winey, with hints of pomegranate, and baker's chocolate, along with the usual barnyard/horseblanket descriptors that really fit Brett beers. The finish is long, and elegant.

This is, hands-down, my favorite Deschutes Reserve, much better than either The Abyss, and certainly, the Black Butte XX.

After a couple of glasses of incredible absinthe, sushi-grade ahi dinner, a little down-time as Maggie and I enjoyed our empty nest, I'm having a perfectly tasty Plymouth martini.

I'm sure that doesn't compare to your beer. :tongue:

<Yawn> I'm sure that doesn't compare to your beer. :tongue:

Sure it does.

Higher alcohol content, juniper esters, and a perfect ten for color on the blanche scale.

What more could you want aside from a drink that actually tastes good, I mean. :tongue: