DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

The last of the Absinthe Without Pants (better than) Berger Clone, in an extra large Absomphesized glass.

If there's a heavenly way to greet the evening, this must be it, but alas, soon it will be time for mourning.

La Coquette and Belle Amie side by side.

Opinion: both are pretty tasty. both have good color. I'm sipping slowly to see how the temperature of the drink changes. No sugar added. The Belle Amie has a nice sweet finish. La Coquette's finish is nice but not as sweet. They are much better alone than doing this. They are both high on my list of CO's. The differences of each make them perfect for different reasons.

I'm glad these were the only two that I brought to the table. B)

The reviews will come later but I had to see how they differed side by side. Quite a difference.

Wheeee!

:cheers:

Drank some gut rot beer, as always. Sampled my new batch of homebrew, its been a while, the apa tastes young as it should, its in the secondary fermenter right now. I cant wait till about a month from now when it is REAL good. I think I will have a drink of Clandestine before I go to sleep.

I'm enjoying a glass of the Sirene blind sample from T73, this time with sugar. I'm fairly certain I'm one of those sugar people! Yummers.

French Broad 13 Rebels ESB, and a sample of Leopold Batch 4 that was gifted me! After that some Natty Greens Brewpub Double IPA growlered to me by a friend that was in Greensboro this weekend, good stuff I am told.

Im running out of alcohol. Drinking last of absinthe on hand (1 glass). 2oz of vodka to go, and my house is dry! Other than the fermenting beer in the other room. But cant drink that yet! A good week at work, looks like I will be going to store come pay day! I am nursing a bottle of Kübler, so I lied, but I am not touching that until I get more absinthe.

Been trying out many American beers while I'm on this upper hemisphere. Quite enjoying them. Light and sweet and drinkable. But they ain't a patch on Aussie beers. Must try out some of the microbrewery stuff soon. Before my liver implodes.

Speaking of which, Virgils make an amazing cream soda and root beer which are of the likes I have never tasted. Even though it doesn't affect my liver.

Also, right now I'm quite drunk on Manhattans made with bourbon (can't wait to hit up the Pegu Club and Death & Co.) in Manhattan itself. Even though it's not such an amazing drop, I'm feeling quite special to be winding down the evening with the remainder of my first bottle of Lucid.

(yes, it's been a busy vacation!)

I'm washing down a late dinner (post-rehearsal) with a glass of Firefly Muscadine Wine flavored vodka (ice and a splash of club soda). A couple or three of these could get me in big trouble. That goes down like water!

Drinking some Roquette 1797 while listening to Portishead. Roquette is definitely in my top three absinthes now. The roller coaster effect in the finish of wormwood, fading to spiciness, fading to a hint of alcohol heat, fading to the mouthcoating/tongue numbing is spectacular. :thumbup:

Firefly Muscadine Wine flavored vodka (ice and a splash of club soda). A couple or three of these could get me in big trouble. That goes down like water!
Werd.

And you've got the remedy for this morning too.

Don't tell me, let me guess...

Leopold Bros., by any chance?

I hope I'm wrong, but damn, I'm getting sick of hearing how damned good batch # 10 is, considering there's a less than 0% chance that this stick-up-its-arse state will ever carry it, or any other batch #.

Come to think of it, that color looks a tad bright for the Leopold, though.

The very last of the rediscovered 1914, followed by a L'Italienne.