DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

I spent the day at home with a headache that didn't respond to ibuprofen. But that won't stop me from loucheing up a glass of Serpis Red 65, which I find refreshing. Then, depending on how the evening goes, perhaps a bit of Armagnac or Meukow VSOP Cognac.

I had the Waldorf Cocktail ... I was sorely disappointed...way too hot. Not balanced at all. What a disappointment...

Sorry for not getting to this earlier. Was out of town. The Waldorf Cocktail was a topic of discussion yesterday, and all agreed that it's not in any way a good cocktail. I think it may have even been part of the seminar on absinthe at the TotC. Just by looking at it, you can't even expect it to taste good. :twitchsmile:

Try the Bunny Hug next. :devil:

Stopped by the bar after work prior to picking up the wife whose car was at the garage, didn't have absinthe of course so I ordered a martini. Just as I was about to tell him how to make it, I heard Peridot's voice in my head, telling me to order it with a twist in a death metal growl. So I did, and damnit it all to hell but I liked it!

Now am at home enjoying a chewy green glass of Sirene.

Tha Abyss was quite special. Thank you for providing it. I told you it would be a special time when I drank it and it was. :)

I drank one bottle and wow!

Hope your evening was just as special. :cheers:

Ooops, sipping New Amsterdam gin over ice tonight. Niiiiiiice!

I'll have to look for the Sirius, I have quite enjoyed the high gravity offerings of Lagunitas.
It's pretty good. I really comes off more as an exceptional pale.

William Grant's blended Scotch which I just got tonight and just had my first taste of, not bad, not bad at all. For the price this may be my new house Scotch since they charge twice as much for Glenfiddich at our local tiny liquor store. The Buffalo Trace of Scotch?

A homebrewed kriek pseudo-lambic, made by a friend of mine. Real Brettanomyces yeast and lambic cultures, secondary fermentation and aging in french oak casks. These bottles are a couple of years old and the beer has rounded out really nicely, the sour has the edge over the brett character and the fruit in the background. A shame I only have 1 bottle each of the kriek and framboise remaining.

Followed up with a Bijou cocktail, first one I've made with Hendrick's gin. Nice, and different than the ones I've made with more traditional gins; the Hendrick's version is sweeter, and lighter on the juniper. This cocktail seems to be a real balancing act, too much gin and the juniper quickly overwhelms, but this one tonight feels like it could use a bit more. The previous Plymouth versions were really tasty. Next experiment will probably be with the Leopold's.