DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

No not a carpet layer by profession. My basement flooded a couple months ago and ruined the old stuff. I got a 50 foot roll in my garage I have to cut in half, and trim to fit the contours the basement floor. Just cut and glue, and I have pretty much no idea what im doing. Just imagine the absinthe I could buy with the 500 I spent on the carpet and tools/supplies. I have pretty good general knowledge of home projects so it should turn out good, or so so at worst :pirate: By the way 2 martinis down. Contemplating another martini, or a lucid. Decisions decisions. About 1/2 on the drunkometer, a lucid will pep me right back up.

Had a couple of gut rot beers .

I had a couple of those tonight at our local minor league baseball teams game.

How did the gut rot beers treat you? I usually have 1 or 2 to kick off a night of drinking. Anymore than that and you will pay dearly in the morning, i guess if you are me. But as a starter they are alright.

I had 3 over the span of the game (3.2% Miller GD). It should be ok! I know better and don't like headaches the day after. Probably should balance it with a glass of absinthe.

We dont have 3.2 beer in NE. I had 2 (I hate to say it) Steel Reserve 8.1% beers after work. If you drink more than 3 of them your dead. They are .99 for a 24 ounce can here. 1 can is like 4 beers, if you can choke it down. I had 2 cans. And still nursing that second martini.

The Sazerac sounds wonderful, T! I haven't had the chance to try the 18 year old, but have heard it is very good.

I'm having a glass of something green I found in my collection.

Nikolaus, you're lucky that NE doesn't have 3.2 crap. It will give you the worst headache ever without getting you drunk.

I think it may be Minnesota's way of trying to get people to quit drinking!

Edited by LeRoy

I'll save you a glass of the 18 year old Sazerac, LeRoy.

We're pretty stoked in NW Montana 'cuz LeRoy and his brood will be trippin' through toward the end of the month. Anyone up for a Rocky Mountain Green Hour? Maybe a little flyfishing?

If that doesn't work, it looks like Baubel and OMG, et al will be tipping a few glasses with us in September. Good God, Montana is beautiful in the Fall!

You can only get 3.2 beer, but are there restrictions on liquor? We went to Kansas for a fishing trip, they are a 3.2 only state for beer, and you had to be state resident to buy liquor. We had a pitcher of the 3.2, but we brought up a couple cases of Nebraska Busch light, and a bottle of Jim Beam, and Sailor Jerry Rum. Micro beer is real popular here, if you can afford it. Most micros are 5%-8%. The steel reserve crap I drank is cheapo alky stuff. If I remember correctly regular Budweiser, Busch etc. is only like 4-4.5% anyways. Ohh decided for 3rd martini before hitting the lucid.

Edited by Nikolaus

I think it may be Minnesota's way of trying to get people to quit drinking!

It would just make me want to homebrew more! Or drink more mixed drinks and absinthe. Once this lemon house gets fixed up, ill be homebrewing beer and cider a bunch more! Hopefully buying more absinthe too.

3.2 is not the only beer we can buy. I don't know where to start.

Liquor stores are not open on Sunday (so no hard alcohol purchases). You can buy beer in certain stores on Sunday, but it's only 3.2 or go to a bar or restaurant and get regular beer or any alcoholic drinks (confused yet?). Most sporting events get a liquor license and it is good for 3.2. It has to do with liquor permits. I moved here in 1997 and still dont understand the 'on-sale, off-sale' liquor rules. :twitchsmile:

I do my share of homebrewing!

Edited by LeRoy

Just sounds like too much restrictions, that do nothing. In Lincoln, the nearest city to me, you cant buy alcohol on sunday (beer or liquor) until after noon. Same city is trying to classify malt liquor (mikes hard lemonade, smirnoff ice, colt 45, camo, etc.) as distilled liquor to up the price, as to detour minors from buying it. "Its to save the kids" Also makes no sense. But as a state, liquor laws are pretty lax. They did the same in Lincoln taxing the hell out of cigerettes. You can buy a pack of premium smokes for 4 bucks in lincoln, or under 3 in omaha. I just hope Lincoln goes bankrupt for there stupid laws. After the smoking ban, some bars went under, they lost alot of tax money, and millions in keno and gambling revenue. We can thank them for the state wide smoking ban also, as they started the trend. They did it and the others followed. My hometown is still grandfathered until next year, but after next year, you will not be able to smoke indoors in a commercial establishment. Going to be louching some lucid here soon! Im fired up now.

Homebrew tonight: OXPAV2, Patersbier, and Spiced Saison. I don't know what's next, maybe some Funky Black Stuff or an Imperial Maple Nut Brown.

Good God, Montana is beautiful in the Fall!

It looked dandy the last time I was up there in mid-October. I'm looking forward to seeing it in September colors. How's the huckleberry harvest doing up there this year?

Marteau, wow is that good stuff, later Sazeracs for friends who've never had Absinthe, but love Manhattans so I can't wait to make em'.

Trial and error = LOTS of Peychauds...it makes a big difference. :twitchsmile:

Anyone up for a Rocky Mountain Green Hour? Maybe a little flyfishing?

If that doesn't work, it looks like Baubel and OMG, et al will be tipping a few glasses with us in September. Good God, Montana is beautiful in the Fall!

I'm looking forward to the green hour and if we happen to get in some fishin', that will be just fine!

I wish I could be there to see OMG and Baubel, but we have to make this trip before school starts.

I'm having a couple of real amaretto sours (2 oz amaretto + juice of 1/2 lemon + ice shaken vigorously and strained into a little glass w/a cherry) to get the party going. Then we may move on to some St. Germain cocktails, and a DITA or two. Heaven help me when the sun comes up! :cheers:

Started off with a glass of red wine. A steel reserve 24oz, and now drinking a 550ml Saumuel Smiths old brewery pale ale. Thinking a Gin and Tonic next. Will finish night off with a absinthe (lucid).

... we may move on to some St. Germain cocktails, and a DITA or two. :cheers:

Doc, have you tried a St. Germain Kir (St. Germain and Champagne)? I had one at Epcot, France in Florida. Very tasty.