DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

After dinner, I tried a Sazerac with honey instead of sugar. Honey seems to meld nicely with the rye, but I think I used a little too much.

Still, it was much better than the wormwood tea I tried last night. Knowing something is going to taste terrible is very different to actually tasting it. Blech!

A glass of Clandestine. That's still a damn good blanche,

Another blanche that was dumped into a whiskey bottle and now has no label. Not as good as Clandestine but still perfectly drinkable.

Perhaps I should crack open a bottle and louche up. It's been a while.

It's difficult in the new place because our roommate's cats make it impossible to set a glass down anywhere. Oh, and my fountain's broken.

Damn cats! Mine has absolutely no rhythm. ;) she just sits there and looks condescending and judgmental when I dance.

Tonight was a couple Corona's and a couple Bourbons.

Cats? That's what microwave ovens are for!

Kidding, kidding...I would never cook a cat in a microwave oven!

They need a convection oven.

Ooops! Sorry! I meant grill! No, no, no!

Oh bother... :cheerz:

Tonight I'm drinking the kvas I found in a Russian deli near my sister's new place. It's pretty good for an impulse buy. I've never had it before. It's like a really sweet rye bread soda and I have no idea if that's the typical flavor but I'm down for trying several other brands.

Birthday party last night:

Fantome La Dalamatienne 750ml

Jolly Pumkin Calabaza Blanca 16oz draft

Ertvelds Wit 16oz draft

Grotten Flemish Celis Signiture 750ml

Aspall Organic Cyder 500ml

Tonight I'm hosting a poker game at my place, so I can't go too heavy on the cocktails - poppa's gotta win some new shoes!

I'll be trying the new Wild Turkey American Honey liqueur, mixed half-and-half with Wild Turkey 101.

Then I'll have a glass of Kübler (my current favorite!), and one of Le Tourment Vert just to get rid of the stuff (well, and because I anticipate that by then I won't find it so offensive).

Ramos Gin Fizz all the way. I've been playing around, forgive me, with the recipe and I'm already buzzed as hell on a school night!!! :mbanana:

:laf:

Everyone has to try it at least once and once is one time too many.

And I'm someone who can handle strange tastes, but this ... woah!

:blink:

Its a dirty job, but now it always makes me laugh hearing about it being done! Nast-O-Rama in a teacup. Well done good Sir!

Today, PF 1901 and some Pernod Fils 1910 on this beautiful day.

Tonight it's gonna be Amber Ale 'cuz we still have some left over from last week and it's gotta be attended to; drinking any more Absinthe today seems kind of irrelevant. B)

A dose of Kübler for me!

Buddha, is that Alaskan Amber you're drinking? I have 5 gallons of Alaskan Amber I made a few months ago and still haven't tried it.

As a matter of fact, yes. I have two flavors left from a BYOB and am presently hitting the Alaskan. I normally don't really drink beer that I can see through but it's goin' down nice right about now.

It must be ok then!

A friend of mine went to AK last year and really liked the Amber, so I found a recipe and made some. Hopefully, it is good. I guess I should try it.

I normally don't really drink beer that I can see through but it's goin' down nice right about now.

You should try Moose Drool, it may change your mind about black beers.

Tonight some Bushmills 10yo single malt. Man I love that stuff.

I normally don't really drink beer that I can see through but it's goin' down nice right about now.

Had it in Missoula in late '96. In combination with some bad meat and psychotropic mushrooms.:puke:

Regretfully, I doubt I will ever like that taste again in this life.

Moose Drool is a fine beverage. Out of the tap, it's as good as any ale-swill deserves.

Tonight, a host of family and friends converged to toast Silent into his next adventure. Ample rum, gin and absinthe flowed to keep the cheers and tears in equal measure.

I'm going to miss that kid. A lot. :heart:

Had it in Missoula in late '96. In combination with some bad meat and psychotropic mushrooms.:puke:

Regretfully, I doubt I will ever like that taste again in this life.

"Black olive beer will not come back again." -Egg.

Marva Wright , Sazerac in hand my eye on a second.

Any blues fans? Hereyago...

MAJOR blues fans here.....that was great! Thanks!

Had a couple of gut rot beers (cheap high gravity kind) after work. Working on a Martini right now. After a few martini I will drink a couple glasses of lucid. By then I should be ready for bed, and the carpet laying that awaits me tomarow.

Are you a carpet installer for a living or just having it done?

Oooops! I'm sipping a blanche but the label isn't on the sample bottle. It seems to work ok though. :)