DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

I like that it doesn't have to hammer you over the head with Cascades but is still an assertively hopped beer with good balance.

Right now, Dieu du Ciel! Corne du Diable while watching the Raptors/Bulls game.

Nouvelle Orleans tonight x2. I must say, I have to place Manswill above this concoction. If there's any absinthe so far that reminds me the most of medicine, it's the Nouvelle. Of course nothing beats Lucidicrous for yuckness factor. It's too bad, the Nouvelle and Edouard were the very first absinthes I was exposed to, and I liked them at the time. Sipping those with a cigar in one hand and casting $20 worth of chips into the pile with the other hand was (and is still) an experience most sublime. But now when I drink the Nouvelle alone, something seems off in the taste. Maybe it's my ice water, I don't know. The Edouard is still great though.

I don't know T, I'd put spoiled buttermilk over Nouvelle personally (but that's me).

Haven't tried the Manswill yet. Maybe when I get back into drinking I will.

This morning, however, it's green tea.

The N.O. is very high on my list of favorites. But then some may discount the validity of my tastes by noting how much I enjoy eating offal. I prefer to think that my tastes just aren't all that mainstream.

I had the Marteau while in France and although I enjoyed it I did not have any Rye on hand.

Perhaps I will make a glass tonight with the Thomas H. Handy.

I personally like the N.O. in a Sazerac because it has a darker spice

than any other absinthe available currently.

When paired with Peychaud bitters, a little sugar,

and either the Thomas H. Handy or Sazerac 18 year Rye

it adds a complex finish to such a fantastic cocktail!

Mead. Plain old mead. OK not that old. I think it's Alabama Death Metal Mead.

The only other mead I've ever had was in an Ethiopian restaurant. Long ago. After the hangover, I swore I'd never have mead again. But all the mead talk here (in the past) got me curious about it.

Thankfully, some fine fellow gave me this gift. It's been aging away for a few months. Reminds me of a good white wine, but with a distinct honey aroma. Really nice. Way too easy to drink. Very, very smooth.

Thanks dude. :headbang:

Glad you're enjoying it. And also glad you waited a couple months to open the bottle. :cheers:

I got my new fountain today. So I'm having a glass of P31B, and then I'll probably have some P31V, and maybe finish some nearly-empty COs and HGs that I have lying around.

The N.O. is very high on my list of favorites. But then some may discount the validity of my tastes by noting how much I enjoy eating offal. I prefer to think that my tastes just aren't all that mainstream.

I'm the same way. I've come to find my preferences aren't very mainstream either. I love the N.O., it's still my favorite comm. till this day. I'm actually not very fond of the Edouard.

My Jade list goes this way:

1. N-O

2. 1901

3. Verte Suisse

4. Edouard

I suppose taste buds come in a wide variety.

Not quite sure I'm an absinthe slut, but perhaps I'm what one may call "easy". I like most of the kinds I've tried.

The Lucid happens to be one particular kind I'm not too keen on. I don't think it's nearly as vile as some people say but on the other hand, even at it's price, I have no desire to ever buy it again.

Personally I like the Lucid better than the rest of the Jades. I think its availability has something to do with it too. I can't wait until CLB comes over. Oh man, that'll be the day.

Tonight I'm drinking the Evenus Zinfandel Port, and all I can say is yuuuuuuuuuuuuuum! It's like being punched in the face with a fist-full of viscous blackberry compote, raisins, pecans, maple syrup, allspice, and cocoa. And that's just the first mouthful.

To throw in my take on the absinthes being discussed in recent posts, I prefer my Jades in the following order: 1901, NO, Ed, VS. I probably like the Lucid more than many do, and with the price and US availability taken into consideration, that makes it even more appealing.

Tonight I finished off a two year old bottle of NO. It's changed a good bit since I got it. An armpit-funk taste has become prominent, which I don't like, while the wormwood has become very powerful, which I do like.

I broke in a lovely antique with a nice blanche, a delicate one in fact.

As I recall, the NO clocked in at over 30 to begin with, so it's nice to hear it has a powerful flavor profile after a year...unfortunately, that marc base flavored with curry and Old Bay™ seasonig just don't seem to age well in combination. ;)

Tonight? Rum and Coke made with Pusser's . :pirate: and typing up a paper for my sociology class :thumbdown:

Tomorrow night? Kübler! :cheers: 'Cus I'll have this sociology paper turned in by then and glad to have it behind me.

...and now we pause as the stinking derelict staggers into the sanctuary and rips a loud fart during the sermon...

Coffee with green Chinese tea in it at the lab all day.

A pint of Delicato Merlot this afternoon at my print shop.

[google minuteman press. that's us at the very top]

I trained in a new press operator. Didn't share the Merlot with him, though.

Now I am home having a glass of antifreeze with a nice licorice tang.

It says Mansinthe on the bottle which features a ghoul sipping poison on it.

I love to come home to this. Yummy!

Finishing the night with some Glenmorangie 10 year. Almost good enough to make me forget that I have to go to work tomorrow.