DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Welcome home T73. :cheers:

Well, that's my definition of a bargain, 90 percent as good at 50 percent of the price. I guess I know where my next expense check is going!

I wouldn't say that. The Balance may be my favorite CO overall, Jades included. It is, however, 47% of the price of a Jade from Markus, and 53% of a Jade through LDF.

What I meant to say above about the VS is that its my favorite Jade not necessarily my favorite absinthe.

Far away from anything green it was crystal day (hopefully not Kristallnacht ;) ) with good olde Finlandia (no flavoured inventions) and quite nice (less glycerine :devil: I suppose) Smirnoff Vladimir, tomorrow it shall change, maybe in the direction: I smell wormwood because my friend has given my genuine Martini rosso :thumbup:, not counting that Pan Tadeusz is being chilled...

Benedictine, Unicum, Campari, beers.

If mixed all together would be very, very nice and on the wormwood side. Excellent choice, Elf

Thanks to a recommendation from Absomphe of things to try when we went shopping at Bottleworks........we are trying our first Scottish Ale that was specially brewed for them. First sip I thought "This is good but it isn't Abyss". However.....halfway through the glass it just keeps getting better. May need to revisit that store in May! Glad we bought two! :thumbup:

Nymphadora......hope you are okay today! :twitchsmile:

Last nights tasting went well everyone liked the La Ptite. Good freinds,a Ladyday festival(April-7 is her birthday)and my first taste of Absinthe. It's so nice when it all just falls in place.

I posted my attempt at reveiwing La Ptite on La Ptite at Absinthe reviews. The Sopranos just went on, gots to go.

cheers

TR.

Tonight I'm sipping a verte or two. I'm not sure I can even give details. *rubs eyes and scratches head*. Perhaps tomorrow will be more clear.

Nymph, hope you're okay sugar. You drunk post just fine. The pantie thing is a bit disturbing but in a good way. ;)

To all of you good folks :cheers:

I feel fine. I ate a lot to absorb the alcohol. One of my students left to talk on his cellphone. While he was gone, I ate his baked potato. Then I blamed it on one of the castmembers. :devil:

Scaldis Prestige tonight.

Flavors include peaches, persimmons, peppers, coriander, lemon, orange, and lime zest, coriander, vanilla, oak, and subtle bourbon.

I'll be damned if this ale doesn't remind me of that all-time champagne gem Krug Clos du Mesnil 1983.

My co-favorite ale ever, along with Stille Nacht Reserve '96.

It may be $40+ a bottle, but it's worth every damn penny. :yahoo:

I've just had the pure pleasure of my first glass. Good god, it may not be love....but I know lust when I come across it. I'll be lusting after Eddy for lifetimes to come. Now I'm going to have to introduce myself to all of his relatives. :heart: A little variety is a very good thing. I think a CLB next. Off to have another. (and another and so on)

dinner @ Quarks in Las Vegas:

tamarian frost=

vanilla vodka, chocolate liquer, butterscotch & cream.

the husband had a 'borg queen'

(very strong appletini)

i will try to post the 'borg sphere' pic

at vacations end...

~~~~

*goes back to waiting for the vegas ghost tour to begin...*

Easter dinner with the family...

Home again, and wasn't sure if I was going to drink tonight or not..

then I open the fridge and one of my remaining Harps called my name.. :laugh:

Saturday night, we broke the news of my wife's preganacy to my parents. My dad and I celebrated by making some fantastic martinis using DB's recommendations. We ended up going through 2 bottles of Plymouth and 1 bottle of the Noilly Prat extra dry.

And as a bit of a twist on the classic: If you like a twist of zest instead of olives/onion/whatever else, try using a pumello. If you've never had one, they are similar to a pink grapefruit, but a little sweeter. It lends a wonderful sweet citrus flavor. Less obtrusive than a lemon or lime zest. It works REALLY well with the Plymouth. Make sure to peel the zest over the glass, like DB did with the champagne cocktail in his movie.

Congrats Shabba and glad you have had fun with such exquisite drinks :cheers:

Today's a bit colder again but the continuation of Easter partytime included: that vintage J&B (which measured proved to be 49%-50% ABV), followed with Limoncello and dereniówka (cornus alba): very nice evening, wishing everyone the same or even better!

Today I am drinking water. Barely. I have been laid out by something for 4 days. I don't know. Food poisoning, EColi, stomach flu, bubonic plague - I don't know. It just has been awfull. The last thing I drank was my latest order from Markus (which arrived in 2 days!!!!) - Helfrich and P31 Verte. I really enjoyed both of them. Unfortunately, they were the last things in my system since last Wednesday - so they do not sound very desirable to me right now. I am eyeing this glass of water with caution at this point.

Wow, Alyssa, that sounds dreadful. I'm really sorry to hear you've spent your holiday on death's door. Hope you're feeling better with every breath.

I had a bit of the Helfrich tonight and some of the P31v last night. They're both safe. Unlike small children on large amounts of chocolate. :twitchsmile:

To Sabba53

Congratulations to you and your wife,you two must be so proud.Do you know if it's a boy or girl or did you choose to be surprised?

To Alyssa

Sorry to hear your ill. Heres wishing you a speedy recovery.

You will feel better soon, Alyssa! That bug went all over this area.....nearly closed schools, etc. Sorry it got you too, but soon all things will be looking green again. :thumbup:

Shabba, this will be so fun to follow! Hope your wife is feeling great-I never felt better!

I'll be sipping cool water tonight.

AD, I hope you're feeling better real soon.

Shabba, my wife positively glowed while she was pregnant. I'm almost envious. Very cool stuff.

:cheers:

Will be several more weeks before we can tell the gender. And yes, we plan on finding out beforehand!

With our first we didn't want to know. Then there was that one check-up when the dr. doing the ultrasound didn't think my wife understood any Czech. I made her tell me, too, so we'd both be on the same page. It turned out to be for the best that we knew.

Today I am drinking water. Barely. I have been laid out by something for 4 days. I don't know. Food poisoning, EColi, stomach flu, bubonic plague - I don't know. It just has been awfull. The last thing I drank was my latest order from Markus (which arrived in 2 days!!!!) - Helfrich and P31 Verte. I really enjoyed both of them. Unfortunately, they were the last things in my system since last Wednesday - so they do not sound very desirable to me right now. I am eyeing this glass of water with caution at this point.

I know EXACTLY what you mean! See my post at FV on gastroenteritis, it may be the Eddie that cured me for all I know. :cheers:

I really hope you feel better by now, it sucked to be sick all week last week.

Congrats Shabba!!!!!

I'm so jealous of all of you that got to have Easter! We had to cancel ours. We had a blizzard and couldn't even find the cars, let alone trying to make it to my Mom's house. It is rescheduled for Saturday. According to the news we got at least 30 inches. Very aggrievating as earlier last week it was in the 80's.