DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Ah ha, got ya. Wish I had one of those right now. To bad about the BDF. I just ordered my first bottle. Oh well maybe our tastes will differ.

I like the BdF. Darn tasty, I think.

T73

Started off w/ NO, then Kübler 53, then moosied on over to Montmartre while watching Moulin Rouge. Nice one to finish off with. Good movie to drink to.

Will check out the arts dept with this one. Must suggest to any one that is on the fence with Montmartre.

Have fun! :devil:

If you really want to see something accurate about Montmartre in 1900 with very good moments at the Moulin Rouge and at the Cabaret du Chat Noir, get the french movie Lautrec by Roger Planchon. It's a biopic of Toulouse-Lautrec and it catches the mood of the Belle Epoque in Paris more than any other movie.

A lot of green glasses and some vintage absinthe bottles on tables.

"A handful", or two, is comprehensible, but does anyone know the definition for "a large bucket"? I think I've heard something like 1 bucket = four gallons, but I'm not sure about that.

A definition for "some" would also be nice. ;)

Pierre-André Delachaux, who has published this and other early recipes in an interesting little booklet, admits that he doesn't know how much most of the measures in these recipes are.

Thank you Hiram for that note.

"A handful", or two, is comprehensible, but does anyone know the definition for "a large bucket"? I think I've heard something like 1 bucket = four gallons, but I'm not sure about that.

A definition for "some" would also be nice. ;)

Docteurs?

Your definition is as good as ours. If you ever watch a professional chef, you'll notice they rarely if ever use measuring cups/spoon.

Moose Drool. Yum.  Very regional, no?  I am partial to Lang Creek's IPA.  But we are spoiled with our local micro brewerys.  T73 says Moose Drool will stand up to *any* British Brown Ale well.  Especially on tap at Moose's Saloon.

Very regional, yes! Big sky brewery right here in Missoula. I have never heard of Lang Creek, is that Kalespell/Whitefish (Oh, by the way, I just got "Cow's Bell." I guess one has to say it aloud).

18+% 41 IBU according to Dogfish head.

Dogfish Head

They make some pretty damn good beer.

Probably the best microbrewery in the US. I live within easy walking distance of about a half-dozen amazing microbreweries; and driving distance of close to double that. Wish Dogfish was local, though.

World Wide Stout is definitely my favorite stout ever (though the local Elysian Brewery's Dragonstooth Stout is a very close second).

And their Midas Touch Ale is one of the most amazing and unique specialty beers I've found.

Oh, yeah...  :wacko:

I wouldn't drink *anything* from Haiti.  Ugh.

Come to think of it, if it's extremely high grain alcohol, with the lip and exterior of the bottle soaked in bleach, poured through a filter into a shot glass that's been surgically sterilized, I might drink it on a bet.

Hey, I grew up in Haiti and you can drink stuff there. How else are you supposed to pickle your tapeworms?

Anyone ever try Moosedrool Brown Ale? I am partial to IPAs and Fullers in particular.

Best IPAs I've ever found:

La Conner IPA (WA based microbrewery, might be hard to find elsewhere). If you don't like the citrusy, piney (resinous) Pacific Northwest hops, you'll really hate this one. One of the hoppiest beers I've ever found.

Dogfish Head 90 or 120 IPA.

Homo Erectus IPA from Walking Man Brewery in WA. Again, probably hard to find elsewhere. Every bit as hoppy as the La Conner, but without the piney quality common to PNW hops.

Rogue Imperial IPA.

Stone Ruination IPA.

There're a bunch more detailed reviews on my Livejournal beer tasting page

Nyquil, the sniffling, sneezing, coughing, aching, stuffy head, fever, how-did-I-get-on-the-kitchen-floor, medicine.

Last night's debauchery apparently removed the last shred of resistance to the cold that's been trying to get me for the last couple of weeks.

My first tastes of alcohol were when I got a cold as a child. My grandmother would make up a concoction with a half a shot of whiskey, a tablespoon of honey, and lemon juice. She'd stir it up and spoon it out. I think it's a Southern thing. You might want to see if it works and report back, Hiram.

Personally, I think it tends to increase the frequency of colds... *kaff kaff* - wait - I think I feel one coming on now...

I like your grandmother already. My Grandfather was a doctor, except when you got sick he would give an injection of B12...I never got sick around my grandfather.

Nyquil is the perfect nightcap! I was really feeling bad...two nights of nyquil and here we are, good as new, at least for the next 4-5 hours!

I'm just drinking a glass of the Clandestine right now. We've all had it a million times.

But I've had enough of it tonight that I'm in the mood to say God I love Absinthe.

I've been actively posting here for awhile now, and somehow I never get around to saying that. Every time I make myself a glass of absinthe, I look forward to it. I love the smell when I open the bottle. I love the sip or two I take neat before I louche it.

I never take it for granted, or get used to it. I never just pour a glass and guzzle it down while I'm engrossed in something else. Maybe the ritual helps with that part.

When I was a bourbon drinker, I had the special ones I looked forward to. But I could also just throw down a glass or two of Wild Turkey without really noticing it while I was thinking about something else. But even on an average night, with a glass of my old standby, the FG, drinking absinthe stops whatever I'm doing for a moment, and changes things. Whatever else I was doing, now it's part of an evening where I drink absinthe.

Last Saturday afternoon was spent at restaurant Consolini in Rome celebrating a coworkers 30 years in the harness.

http://www.travel.it/roma/ristoranteconsolini/index_en.htm

To start there was a bottle of prosecco

Then a bottle of white

Then a bottle of red - Barolo

Then some Amaro

Then Grappa - 3 different

Then lemoncello

After the I found my way to a local pub and swilled some of the black stuff (Guiness)

Finally found my way home sometime after dark, I do remember running three red lights on the way, no big deal as I run two of them everyday on the way to work.

At home I had two bottles of Chimay.

For seemingly trying to get a hangover I did not succeed.

:drunk:

Work party/function last night. had too much

fun/drink. took taxi home. woke up on couch at 3am.

managed to get to bed. head hurts this morning but had

lots of fun and im sure made an idiot out of myself. i

remember talking to some people and realizing I was

making no sense or point but then recovered with

something. I also realize that drinking too much of anything other

than Absinthe will give you a wicked hangover. Spoiled now-

My first tastes of alcohol were when I got a cold as a child.  My grandmother would make up a concoction with a half a shot of whiskey, a tablespoon of honey, and lemon juice.
Mine too! God, I loved that stuff! Only sometimes she'd cook an onion in it too. That wasn't so good.