DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

It was a'ight.

New Holland Dragon's Milk Reserve S'mores 2017.

They hit this one dead on...tastes exactly like real s'mores, and has the body to carry it off.

Absolutely delicious! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

And just as I make that comment, I begin sipping an Urban Family Star Death Triple IPA.

Damn, if this shit isn't super juicy, but also really bitter, and somehow, delightfully balanced.

It's hazy as fuck, but I'd actually choose it over 2X4 most of the time.

I think I need to check myself for pods. :twitchsmile:

Gron Opal. :heart:

Beautiful emerald green; louches to a a green mint-colored milk; very herbal on the nose with some pepper notes; mouthfeel is very creamy; the wormwood comes straight to the forefront, finishing with fresh mint on the mouth; the green anise is sweet enough to balance the wormwood bitterness; however, we would most certainly not consider this a sweet absinthe. Slight alcohol notes, but for 72%, this doesn't really bite or have any astringent notes to speak of. You could really spend some time trying to pick out all the separate herbs they use, which makes this a very fun drink to sip and slowly explore (there is a slight pine note to this absinthe). There is a pleasant citrus note as well, which offers a nice zesty finish. Fair amount of numbness on the tongue and gums, but nothing overbearing. We're glad we picked up a couple bottles of this and are excited to see how it compares to the two bottles of Jade Terminus we procured. :devil:

Edited by Alfred Jarry

Jade Terminus. :heart:

Yellowish green absinthe that louches very well and gradually (even though we had to pick out a small particle of cork because it COMPLETELY FUCKING CRUMBLED during the uncorking process. But, it wouldn't be a Jade otherwise, now would it? Blessed be the sacred t-corks we have in surplus storage!). The aroma off of this is very sweet and juicy with a prominent dank herb-like aroma that we can't quite place. Slight funk as is typical with other Jades; but, it truly had a tutti-frutti type sweetness to it. Musky-like herbaceous notes on the palette. The muskiness and funk of this can best be compared with fresh mushroom soup/broth. Sake drinkers may note some striking similarities here with some of their favorite, more earthy-toned, junmai-ginjos. The wormwood is there in the finish, but really only as an agent that helps balance out the sweetness of the anise. There is some nice fennel spice here, completing the trinity, and it really helps meld all the various flavors. But, yeah, the earthiness is the dominant characteristic of this absinthe (almost approaching the picturesque swamp-like bayou, it seems; but, in a pleasing way, of course). We can dig it. For anyone who has had any of the other Jades and would like to complete their collection, this is a rather nice add-on. We would also recommend this to anyone who hasn't tried any of the Jades and would like to see what they are all about (though, the V.S. 1898 will still always be our favorite in our heart, underdog that it is).

SongCatcher - needs a cigar in the pic. :) Full ATF...

Tonight I bottled 6 gallons of my hungarian oaked buckwheat honey mead. Sadly I didn't have quite enough bottles so I need to drink the rest myself.

A louche, like absinthe! I've never seen that before in a non absinthe drink. Skunk Brothers cinnamon corn whiskey.

A surprising keg of Lagunitas High Westified showed up at Elizabeth Station yesterday, so I rewarded myself with a couple of growlers.

It's even better on tap, although not quite the $2 per 12 ounce steal that it was in the bottle.

Left Hand - Fade to Black. :heart: The taste is like canned oysters mixed with chocolate and espresso. That may sound gross to some, but it's absolutely incredible. This is probably Left Hand's best beer. And, yes, even their milk stout comes second.

SongCatcher - needs a cigar in the pic. :) Full ATF...

I like the cut of your jib. :cheers:

Earlier:Death in The Afternoon

Now:Fernet-Branca

Edited by Cajun Magic