DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Atwood Ales Dark Harbor Oyster Stout.

This was the surprise of, perhaps, the year for me. This is a brand new brewery in Blaine WA, which is about twenty miles north of Bellingham, on the Canadian border.

What makes this stout special is that it's brewed not just with the oyster shell, but also with the meat itself, which contributes a wonderfully subtle brininess and oyster flavor. This comes from Drayton Harbor Oyster Company oysters, which are among the best you can have the pleasure of eating.

The stout has a light, but creamy, body, and a really mellow roastiness that carries into a delicate oyster-y and dry finish. At first, the flavor seemed to light, but as I sipped, the various components built up to their perfect levels, and this resulted in a delicious and unique tasting experience. :heart: :heart: :heart:

brewed not just with the oyster shell, but also with the meat itself, which contributes a wonderfully subtle brininess and oyster flavor.

Sounds spectacular. We dig all the earthy flavors and components that oyster beers can impart. Never had a beer match the sweet meaty flavor of the actual oyster-meat though. Sounds like it's a beer we'll have to seek out for ourselves. :cheerz:

I'm a hard liquor kinda guy, for those of you who know me better than others.

However, from time to time, I'll do a beer or three. Right now? I'm sipping on a Hellshire VI strong imperial stout aged in nine months first use rye and bourbon barrels. Rich, dark chocolate tones with vanilla and coconut punctuated with warm spicy notes. It's a potent contender at just 12% abv.

And yet another reprise, onacuz, if I didn't, I'd be full of regret when the keg blew.

And there are no regrets in Clowndom™. :holiday:

Experimenting with cocktails. First a tea punch (tea, lemon, rum, VS 1898), then a Suissesse (Libertine 55, egg white, orgeat). Yummy :biggrin:

I was fortunate enough to get the last bottle of wine in the store, so I'm going to spend the afternoon having my way with it.

:cheers:

Edited by Hedonmonkey

Yes, especially after scoring an incredibly rare bottle (at least in Bellingham) of Fremont Brewing's latest release The Rusty Nail, which is their barrel aged version of The 1st Nail.

I never thought I'd say this, but this nectar has actually topped the (I thought) unbeatable Coffee Cinnamon Bourbon Abominable.

It's simply absurdly rich in bourbon, deep(est) dark chocolate, coconut, red and brown fruit skins, vanilla, cinnamon, raisin(ettes), and brandy and port-like flavors.

I sure hope they release more of this outside of the confines of the brewery, onacuz, if I'm going to ruin myself, this is my elixir of choice. :dev-cheers:

Finished off my bottle of Ardbeg 10. And what a lovely bottle it was for my first Islay. Working on the last third of a bottle of Laphroaig Quarter cask. Luckily, (or not) I have bottles of Ardbeg Uigeadail, and Corryvreckan on the way, along with bottles of Laphroaig 10yr cask strength, and Lagavulin 16. I wonder if I would have even liked this single malt Scotch if it hadn't been for absinthe teaching me how to enjoy flavor, and not just effect. Probably not.

I have bottles of Ardbeg Uigeadail

It's always good to have multiple bottles of that. It's truly our favorite whisky by far.

Currently drinking Great Lakes Eliot Ness :heart: and enjoying a few songs.

Absinthe du Centenaire

Chartreuse Verte, on the rock. A bit too sweet for my taste.

I still have 60% of a bottle of that, purchased in April. It wasn't bad, but it didn't make a big fan of me, either.

Hole EE balls.

Just sipped my first dram of the Uigeadail.

Superb.

Also snagged a bottle of 2014 old stock cellar reserve aged in wheat whisky barrels.

Good day.

Ballast point sculpin. Been shying away from IPAs but being up in the pines of the North East got me hankering for a nice balsamic hoppy beer.

I had some stuff that definitely was natural colored that behaved the same way. Never lost its green.

My guess is quality of herbs by probably wrong. Could be method used to color it too.