DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

I meant the other pearl necklace, but, perhaps, your Victorian underground novels (including the non-Steinbeckian The Pearl) didn't cover that one. :euro: :tongue:

Prairie Bomb!

Edited by Absomphe

There are two points as to why we didn’t address these sentiments: (1) According to Steinbeck, Kino should have sold the pearl even though the auction was a sham. Of course, we disagree with Steinbeck in regards to this since the act of deception validates an individual’s right to revolt. (2) Let us reference a time in a college biology class, where a professor remarked that the male spermatozoa was made primarily out of sugars, thus enabling its constant fluid movements. During this lecture, a young girl stood up and remarked: "Then why does it taste so salty." From this, a loud uproar ensued. The girl, as you are surely well aware, was adorned with a pearl necklace on the previous night. We believed this girl was possessed by the necklace to say what she had said. Thus our previous statements on possession. Tying all the strings together can be tough for some, we see. Don't worry. It's something of a schizophrenic knot (something that we are still trying to decipher ourselves). :cheerz: Thus concludes our 666th post.

Edited by Alfred Jarry

Best of luck in that somewhat daunting endeavor, but I think the two of you already ready have a leg up, as it were, on untying that pesky knot. :dev-cheers:

Edited by Absomphe

It's more of a Borromean knot (in the Lacanian sense). No "I", "He", "She", "Me", or "They" in such a perspective; there is only a "We" and "Us". It paints a holistic (as opposed to a dualistic) portrait. A pretty picture that Deleuze and Guattari would definitely approve.

P.S.

We don't like having a leg up. Dog's piss with one leg up; and if you have two legs up, it means you’re on the horse. And anyone riding on a high-horse sees themselves as being above other people, looking down upon them with a sense of pity. It's a condescending perspective. After all, to "understand" means to "stand under."

Edited by Alfred Jarry

Certainly, urine titled to your opinion, good sir.

I was considering a more detailed respone, but erred on the side of caution, lest I veered into the rambling realm of stream of consciousness.

Joyce, Faulkner, or Proust would be better urine to stream from your most-cherished member. Also, you shouldn't hold back when you’re pissing, either. That shit’s bad for your bladder. :no:

P.S.

If a man with a full bladder is given the choice between sex and "taking the piss,” which would he choose? Sometimes, we must admit, that taking the piss supersedes the act of sex. Thus, we suppose, all the joy in the nonsensical talk we spout.

My god! Think of all the pearl necklaces we could create from such a perspective!

Edited by Alfred Jarry

Firestone Walker Stickee Monkee 2015. and, for comparison purposes only ( I'm a liar)...

Absomphe, on 09 Oct 2015 - 2:32 PM, said:snapback.png

Absomphe, on 08 Oct 2015 - 4:59 PM, said:snapback.png

Absomphe, on 05 Oct 2015 - 2:27 PM, said:snapback.png

Absomphe, on 03 Oct 2015 - 2:19 PM, said:snapback.png

Fremont Brewing Brew 1000.

Followed by a Fremont 2015 Bourbon Barrel Aged Coffee Edition Stout.

Edited by Absomphe

Wine store was out of Momokawa's Diamond Junmai Daiginjo. Had to settle on Gekkeikan's Black and Gold Junmai-shu. Served chilled. Better than we remember it being. Lots of cantaloupe melon; an almond bitterness; coconut; Asian pear; bubble-gum on the nose; nice viscosity, too. Finishes dry, but light, sweet, and refreshing. Leaves a ton of legs along the glass. Think we’ll heat up the remaining half of the bottle to see how it stands. Haven’t had warm sake in a while.

Edited by Alfred Jarry

Fremont Kentucky Dark Star Coffee 2015.

Followed by a Prairie Christmas Bomb!

The coffee, chocolate and chilies segue very smoothly into the Christmas spiciness. :heart: :thumbup:

Firestone Walker Stickee Monkee 2015. and, for comparison purposes only ( I'm a liar)...

Always Betz on Black (Irish whiskey, Barbados rum, Islay scotch whiskey, Pedro Ximenez sherry, cold brew coffee, Angostura bitters and absinthe).

2015 Bourbon county barleywine

I must say that with all the hub bub over this one, I have had better that was easier to get and more often.

Edited by greytail

Always Betz on Black (Irish whiskey, Barbados rum, Islay scotch whiskey, Pedro Ximenez sherry, cold brew coffee, Angostura bitters and absinthe).

That sounds like a hot mess. How does it taste?

2015 Bourbon County Brand Stout.

2015 Bourbon county barleywine

I must say that with all the hub bub over this one, I have had better that was easier to get and more often.

I agree.

My current pet beer, Fremont Brew 1000, is considerably better than BCBBW.

I hear the King Henry version, aged in 23 year old Pappy van Winkle bottles is magnificent, but I've never had the pleasure of trying that one.

Would love to have a chance to try that one day myself.

I feel the let down in the BCBABW is in this one issue. I grabbed the barleywine, not the stout. However, upon tasting it, there were times where I wondered if perhaps the bottle was mislabeled.

The stout notes from the oak aging are too prominent at the present. Maybe a year or two of laying down will subdue this. Maybe not.

Seems like they really are proud of their stouts and rightly so, but maybe leaving that note out here would have made me more of a fan.

Edited by greytail

That sounds like a hot mess. How does it taste?

Yeah, I did some internet searching on this one because I just couldn't believe it. Sounds like something made up by someone that likes to color with all the crayons in the box all at once.

Well, it was exquisite and I think that the bartenders at http://www.elevenmadisonpark.com/menus/ have the patent on all of the colors in the crayon box and know precisely what they're doing. Gauguin would be proud. Guaranteed.

I posted a pic of it on FB for those of you who want to see it. I also found it posted by someone at some place called the Library Bar here in NYC. Kinda dark pic though (last pic on this link: http://instagify.com/user/spiritedla/181767609).

I was skeptical at first, too, but, trust me. It worked swimmingly and was one of the best infusions I've ever tried.

2nd to last pic on the link. Obviously not the Taco Bell. :)