DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Hof Ten Dormaal Blonde Ale aged in Ardbeg barrels.

The peatiest nose I've ever experienced from an ale.

Flavor is a whole barrel of Ardbeg followed by some dried fruit (predominantly cherry), biscuit, and honey, followed by another barrell of Ardbeg.

Completely unbalanced, and completely amazing. Peatier than Ola Dubh, Lee's Harvest Lagavulin aged, or anything I've tried from Brewdog.

Edited by Absomphe

I'm about to open a Shock Top "End of the World Midnight Wheat", never tried it before but it sounds interesting...

Says it's brewed with midnight wheat (of course), chocolate malt, chili, and spice.

Not sure what to expect, but here goes.

I'm drinking Lucid, but it just made me miss my beloved Enigma, so I ordered some more Enigma. Today was the first time I drank Lucid, and to be honest I wish I would of tried this first rather than jump right to the Jades. Ah well, I gave it a fair shake; it's just not for me.

I'm also drinking an ale from the Coronado Brewing Company called "Idot IPA". Great stuff.the hops aren't overpowering, and goes down smooth.

Last night, I went to a chef's dinner at my fave Indian restaurant to celebrate their New Year. I experienced one of THE best beers I've ever had:

Aecht Schlenkerla Rauchbier Urbock - A smokey bacony beer delight. I'd never had a smoke beer before and wow was this a delight. Almost on par with The Abyss to me but a different category altogether. Smooth and thick. A must if you ever see it anywhere!!

Arsenic and Old Lace while saluting a Goodbye to my crapped out laptop and two of my favorite cups.

Edited by Nathan (baubel)

Having a verte and watching a game.

Got an "eyes-on" opinion of my reaper from the best friend today... it's so nice when those closest to you love your ink (almost) as much as you do. :wub:

:cheerz:

Girding for the hurricane with a really wonderful after-dinner cocktail from Gaz Regan. The Plymouth Hoe: 2 oz. Plymouth gin, .5 oz. Grand Marnier, .25 oz. Navan, 4 dashes Angostura bitters, lemon twist. An elegant and smooth digestive. Here's hoping Sandy comes and goes as softly tomorrow!

Hope you members out there where the weather is threatening to do damage are as safe as you can get.

I just lost my stream of the broncos/saints game... sigh.

Then what does my dumb ass do? I click on a link for "hell in a cell",

I guess it's what passes for wrestling these days. :no: (God, I really miss Portland wrestling.)

I will never be stupid enough to absent mindedly click on a wrestling link again.

:cheers:

Edited by Hedonmonkey

Girding for the hurricane with a really wonderful after-dinner cocktail from Gaz Regan. The Plymouth Hoe: 2 oz. Plymouth gin, .5 oz. Grand Marnier, .25 oz. Navan, 4 dashes Angostura bitters, lemon twist. An elegant and smooth digestive. Here's hoping Sandy comes and goes as softly tomorrow!

Freakin' love the Gazster. I'm sure he won't mind me subbing Voyager for Plymouth, Extase XO for Grand Mariner, and Hardy Vanille for Navan. Now it's just a matter of this or a Vincent's Ruin next.

As we're expecting 11 feet of storm surge, the harbor is likely to be up to the corner of my street by full-moon high tide. For some reason, Walton Waters comes to mind, as I believe a reviewer here described it as "oceanic." I never considered that I might be louching with seawater, however.

Yup, that was Peridot, and I agree, WW sounds like the perfect accompaniment to ride out the perfect storm.

Be safe, Scott, and I hope all y'all East Coast folks emerge unscathed. :cheers:

Still haven't lost power,and hoping my luck holds out. Had a glass of Berthe de'Joux with a dash of Sapin,and now a Perroquet with the same treatment.That stuff is pretty nice once in a while.

Woops,that's the end of the Bues Cat....thanks Fingerpickinblue! Setting up a Pacifique with a dash of Sapin.

Edited by redwun

Mee too. Nice restraint on that Blues Cat. :cheers: Lucky with that power. Your town is 27% out right now.

Edit (5 minutes later): Now 57%.

Edit (50 minutes later): Now 78%. My town is 33% out. The lights are a flickerin' here. Fingers crossed. Maybe should mix a drink just in case...

Mee too. Nice restraint on that Blues Cat. :cheers: Lucky with that power. Your town is 27% out right now.

Edit (5 minutes later): Now 57%.

Yikes! Then I think I'll louche another! Here's to you and I having better luck with the power than last year! :cheerz: Edited by redwun

Well I'll just have to join you boys and drink with you in spirit.

Walton Waters and Berthe de Joux. :cheerz:

Make sure to keep the candles handy. It's real easy to overwater, in the dark