DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

I tried making some clam and ginger soup, but something was missing. Maybe more stock, more oil, and/or more salt.

I followed it with a glass of Orval ale alongside some Ardbeg Scotch. Good pair. Much better than the soup.

That was followed by some Highland Park 12 and a few rounds of Bob Dylan songs with my housemate.

An Havana Club Rum vertical tasting followed by an Ardbeg vertical tasting this evening. Lots of note tonight!

Havana Club 7 yo

HC Anejo Especial

HC 15 yo

HC Seleccion de Maestros

HC Maximo (don't waste your money, the SdM above is just as good at 1/10th of the price)

Ardbeg Day Committee Release

Blasda

Galileo

Alligator Committee Release

1998 Single Cask

25 yo 1978 Mount Everest Silver Seal (definitely worth wasting your money)

Effort?

Well, yes, there is that trip to the local beer emporium. B)

I do so wish we could get some here, but they don't seem to distribute anywhere in the state. No Pumpking for me this year. :3869-sadbanana:

If it hits the spot, then it's kinda special. :)

That's what she said.

No Pumpking for me this year. :3869-sadbanana:

My sympathies.

Tell Evan that there are devices and excercises he can employ to enhance that situation. :paperbag3:*

* You do know it's 'Pumking', right? :devil:

Coincidentally, Pumking it is today.

Edited by Absomphe

No Pumpking for me this year. :3869-sadbanana:

* You do know it's 'Pumking', right? :devil:

Well, it should be Pumpking..... damn it. If you're going to do it, you could at least do it right. :devil:

Ummm....anyway...... I'm having the last of my Tuaca.

:cheers:

Started with a Berthe de Joux, damn good glass. Next a Jade 01, also really good. But the best and my favorite is this small glass of Sauvage. :censor1: me this shit is unearthly good. I could just sit and enjoy the aroma forever. Just may finish out the evening with the last of a late 50's Tarragona sample. All this high faluting absinthe lately has got me all tore up. I think I need some absente or lucid or Kübler or something to get my feet back on the ground.

:cheerz: Sante` :censor1: 's :cheerz: :cheerz:

Edited by Songcatcher

After a long week, Pacifique. I love this stuff. It zeroes me like nothing else. I could have a warehouse of PF1914, and I'd stil have a glass of Pacifique after a long bit of hard work.

...late to the party as always, AND without a drink in hand...what the?

However, did get an early start with a late lunch that included a Bear Republic Big Bear Imperial Stout (rich chocolate / coffee / roast character without too much bitterness) and a Ballast Point Barmy Ale (10% apricot ale - walking the fine line that precedes tartness). Both were righteous.

Gonna grab a Midas Touch from the fridge now.

:cheers:

Usually it's high falutin'. No wonder you're no longer the advanced hillbilly.

Don't I know it man. The wife catches me at times and says, "listen to yourself. Did you ever think two yrs. ago you would be talking like this about stemware and even knowing brand names of crystal?"

I can't even go in a flea market, thrift or antique store anymore without heading straight for the glassware. wtf? And I can spot a piece of uranium glass from a mile away!

I don't even know me anymore.

I'm so ashamed :paperbag3: