DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Been awhile since I last purchased a CO. MoL would be my first choice of whats currently offered though.

L'Ancienne.

There is a good book, partially based on fact...The Terror, by Dan Simmons. There is a place in that book where captain Crozier says the day he runs out of whiskey will be his last day....he had a bullet in mind. While I would not go that far... The day my L'Ancienne runs dry will be a terrible day indeed. Hurry 2012 batch.

Edited by greytail

Very UNfunky.

Like too many of the LOF ales.

I suppose they're compatible with most of their UNsour profiles.

My guess is that LOF actually stands for Light on Flavor. :thumbdown:

It's one of the two finest (and most complex) Trappist ales in the universe, but fortunately, it tastes nothing like cheese.

It does pair beautifully with the same monastery's cheese, though. :)

RiV. Onacuz some idiots from the VdT on FB claiming absinthe was never used in cocktails. Specially good real absinthe like Kübler.

I can safely said I'm done with that region of the world. We won't miss each other.

Eh, just a Virginia apple Bold Rock hard cider. Light. Nothing special. Pretty refreshing though.

True true.

RiV. Onacuz some idiots from the VdT on FB claiming absinthe was never used in cocktails.

Krishan is not only batshit crazy, but he's also a coward for posting things on a page that he knows people can't defend themselves on.

Good evening, all. Hope youse are well.

Yowie, some fine drinking going on here. Damn Abs, you don't play! I usually reserve something like a Rochefort 10 for a specialer occasion - Cheers!

Louchey - I encourage your experiencing a Rochefort 10 - you can find them at finer beer stores (Beverage Warehouse will surely have it) - but that Westy 12 will be another matter altogether - they are quite rare here in the states.

I agree with y'alls assessments on the New Belgium LOF series - and would extend them to nearly the entire roster of NB beers - most are very "mild-mannered". However, in my humble opinion, they hit a home run with their LOF Cocoa Mole. It's the best example I've found yet of a chocolate-chili beer. To me, it almost tastes as though it's cooked, rather than brewed - if that makes sense. It's food, not beer. Amazing.

Haha, this "Krishan" fellow sounds like a real treat.

Evan, congrats - I emptied my Ridges long ago and have unfortunately not replenished them (mighta had something to do with their absence from C & W). I hope to catch some of that magic emerald green batch #43 we've been teased with. Wow Jules.

For my part, I started with my buddy Mansinthe. Now enjoying a wormwood-minty-fresh Jade 1901.

:cheers:

....now go back to sleep, youse.

If you can get yours in the range of $7.50 a bottle, there aren't enough :worshippy: s I'd be permitted to post, in order to express my admiration of your purchasing prowess.

I get it for a little more. About $10. Still a good price. Friends in Belgium. :)

Also, there is apparently a new Belgian Beer webshop opening soon. I'll give it a few trial runs and report back.