DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

It's morning now, but last night I was sipping on some Mezcal.

Everyone kept commenting on how smokey it was. I didn't get the faintest hint of smoke, but maybe I've been ruined by a cabinet full of Islay Scotch. I thought it smelled/tasted of salty cheese (in a good way).

Very much depends on the brand of Mezcal as well. Illegal and Sombra for example are much less smoky than the Del Magueys. And even within the Del Maguey range you've got some that are mildly smoky, like the Pechuga and Chichicapa, while others like the Vida and Minero are almost like an Islay mixed with a tequila.

All are scrumptious. :)

Ouch. I'm still hurting. I'm drinking Dr. Breaux's stomach pain medicine.

What works for me when I've overdone myself on a good meal and your insides aren't feeling like they should, is a half a shot of raw apple cider vinegar. Instantly, ie; (at the same time the chill bumps are coming up on your arm), you can feel immediate relief. Your guts become normal again and don't feel like they're about to pop. On the blending Sauvage and Blues Cat, although I couldn't bring myself to do it, (I have a finger or two of Sauvage left and I'm cherishing every drop of it. Bout like some folks do the L'Ancienne. Having not had the pleasure of the L'Artisinal I have no reference of what youre going for but hell, to each his own pleasure. :cheers: I imagine the mixture would be sublime and would try it if plenty were on hand.

Having a review glass of Sauvage for the occasion :cheers: Followed by a wee dram of PF Tarragona after a fine day of visiting Short Mountain Distillery today. They only make Short Mountain Shine as of now but were pulling off a batch of 'Apple Pie' and the stillery smelled like, You know when apples have fallen off the tree and turn brown and start to breakdown? Ferment I suppose. That smell. Wonderfully funkalicious. I mentioned something to one of the Stillmasters about absinthe but being an old country farmer he didn't exactly know what I was talking about. Real good people though.

Ouch. I'm still hurting. I'm drinking Dr. Breaux's stomach pain medicine.

What works for me when I've overdone myself on a good meal and your insides aren't feeling like they should,

Underberg. Best digestif I've found. Awesome stuff.

Absolutely!

I discovered Underberg in 1999 while suffering the after effects of a night of Staro.

If it can settle the stomach after ingesting that shite, there's probably no upset it couldn't alleviate.

I found this advertising film from mid 50's (according to comments) for Underberg.

A surreal nightmare theme. I guess the implication is that it prevents nightmares.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5-J1TnMaok

Absolutely!

I discovered Underberg in 1999 while suffering the after effects of a night of Staro.

If it can settle the stomach after ingesting that shite, there's probably no upset it couldn't alleviate.

The weather is being an irritating tease.

Rain. My. Ass.

The weather just doesn't have the balls to be Oregon weather anymore.

So, I've decided to pertinaciously mock it.

Thinking about a Guinness for lunch.

pertinaciously

:heart:

Hoptimum today, although it's raining respectably here, so I wish I had a darker and even more voluptuous beer on hand.

Edited by Absomphe

Dinner consisted of a pint of Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout with two slices of buttered and toasted raisin cinammon Monk's bread. We then followed this with a pint of Samuel Smith's Nut Brown Ale and some brie cheese with walnut topping. We then sat outside in the nice autumn air, enjoying an Isla Del Sol cigar. We then made ourselves a cup of Kona coffee while enjoying a blueberry scone and a buttery crossaint. We are currently making ourselves a second cup of coffee. And we know we have some biscotti lying around here somewhere (if only we could find it :dry:). Behold, the search for the biscotti! Afterwards, a good absinthe is in due order. Listening to ten of our favorite songs whilst reading one of the best Welsh bards in the world!

Edited by Alfred Jarry

^ That sounds like an enjoyable evening!

Mine consisted of Flying Bison Rusty Chain, followed by Anchor Steam, followed by Saranac Octoberfest after a fine dinner celebrating my son's 13th birthday!

I think I'll have to finish the night with something green... :cheers:

Edited by sardonix

Reads like the PERFECT autumn eve!

I hear ya HM ;) Just drank another libertine amount of Jade N.O. I have finished my nightcap! My state in good spirit and good night on a saturday night has been ensured! :cheerz:

Edited by Cajun Magic

The Bruery's Autumn Maple.

It tastes like a pumpkin beer, but there's no pumpkin added. Instead, yams are substituted, and thee are spices that probably include pumpkin, along with maple syrup and molasses.

It's fairly dry and assertive, with very little alcohol heat (especially for its 10% abv), and while not as rounded as Pumking, it's delicious.

Watched the Petit Le Mans sportscar endurance race online all day today. The ten hour race began at 11:30am eastern time, and I started the absinthe at 4pm. As I type I am still sipping on another glass of Pacifique. A capital way to end the American Le Mans 2012 race season! Cheers to all!