DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Walton Waters louched with water I gathered from the spring this afternoon. Comes out of the mountain cool as a winter morn. A good crystal clear spring with wild watercress growing all around.

Cheap, lowest tier of Marriott properties (Towneplace Suites) wine however, it's free and there is NOTHING within 10 miles and I do NOT have a rental car so for now, it suffices. Room service for food to follow. I'm a travel snob when on the road for work and this client is the pits with the travel "budget" that their finance "department" has. *shrugs*

I used to visit a farm called La Folie. Beautiful and profitable coffee farm.

WW louched with refrigerator chilled water from a culligan machine. Meh, it's still good thnx to the WW.

Just polishing off my third glass of Lucid. I have to say, 3 glasses of absinthe combined with (unwanted) sleep deprivation is not something I recommend, but it makes an interesting combination to be sure.

I'm drinking a cold Saranac Octoberfest as I type this...and considering a glass of Blues Cat for the season premiere of American Horror Story...

Fireball cider (fireball cinnamon whiskey and Angry Orchard Cider).

Holidays are upon us and this is sooooo tasty!!

L'Ancienne, and Walton Waters. The kids are in bed and I'm about to sit down to watch Big Fish, and have a glass of Leopold's. Life's good.

Big Fish makes me think of my Dad. Great movie. If you still have him, call him! Call you tomorrow Dad...

More BC&Sauvage mix. A sweet, velvety, Aa mule kick. :)

You do that again Ima give you a mule kick! :nono: That just makes me :3869-sadbanana:

I mean I can see blending something you can pick up any day of the week but my God man, that's Sauvage and Blues Cat! wtf?

I can see how the mind reels at the prospect but it sounds like a daring experiment that has paid off for him. A sort of "post-assemblage" method of mixing distillates...or something like that. I mean, certain lucky bastiches can make a Tremblement de Terre with 100 year old Martell Cognac and Pernod Fils 1914, so it seems like BC and Savauauaggge would be fair game.

I raise my Monkey Gland in salute. :cheers:

L'Ancienne, and Walton Waters. The kids are in bed and I'm about to sit down to watch Big Fish, and have a glass of Leopold's. Life's good.

Big Fish makes me think of my Dad. Great movie. If you still have him, call him! Call you tomorrow Dad...

I'll have to check that movie out, never saw it.

Thanks for the impetus to touch base with my own Dad; it's true that I don't spend enough time with him anymore, but I'm lucky to still be able to.

It's important to remember that I'm the connection between him and my son...and the wheel keeps turning!

:cheers:

Edited by sardonix

Had a Monkey Gland yesterday. Haven't done that in about 3 years, and never with the quality of ingredients I did yesterday. A pretty tasty drink when done right. Now, I think it needs an appropriate garnish. I'm thinking a pair of lychee fruit on a pick...

A "Remember The Maine" right now.

Calling Pops now, Scott. You see, he's 78 today. ;^>

...But it could use a bit more of the first to balance out the other two.

That is called L'Artisanale. :) And precisely why I chose to mix the two, to balance out the anise and fennel of BC with the glorious Aa in Sauvage. It works VERY well.

Edited by Père Ubu

an Absomphe sized bulk of dead animal meat

:thumbup: :headbang:

Val Dieu Grand Cru.

One of the better Belgian Grand Crus I've had the pleasure of sipping.