DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Avery The Beast Grand Cru, Hoptimum, and L'Ancienne.

Let's just say I've been apprised of the fate of a few very old friends from my Buffalo days, and more than one has either perished or is now bankrupt.

Sometimes being updated means nullifying the blow just a bit.

So sorry. Not easy getting less than favorable news regarding friends from yesteryear (or any time).

Well Perhaps I am as odd as they say :cheerz: I love a Crab Boil, Curry Absinthe! :mbanana:

To me it has a lovely traditional absinthe taste with a "Cajun Spice" aftertaste so no complaining here :thumbup:

Edited by Cajun Magic

A new flight of closed distilleries tonight:

Strathclyde 32 yo 1980 Dimensions (Duncan Taylor Bottling)

Banff 36 yo 1975 - Old and Rare (Douglas Laing Bottling)

Glencraig 35 yo 1976 - Cask Strength Collection (Signatory)

Caledonian 45 yo 1965 - The Clan Denny (Douglas Laing)

Caperdonich 20 yo 1992 - The Octave (Duncan Taylor)

Another Happy Happy, Joy Joy night.

Do you have a booze section in your will? What can I do for you? :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Heeheeheehee

Tonight, it is Authentique and I just love watching from the side of the glass as the rich and milky waves of opaque slowly suffocate the clear water until kissing the surface. *Drip drip*

To me it has a lovely traditional absinthe taste with a "Cajun Spice" aftertaste so no complaining here :thumbup:

Agreed, knowing that some viewed it as the Jade "odd man out", it was the last of the four that I tried. I'm glad I did.

Voyager G&T with Q-Tonic. I'll have to look into those DIY tonic recipes that were posted awhile back.

I like NO. Edouard was my first (I will always love it) and the V.S..... I could easily get all up into that. :heart: :devil:

I wish I had someone to get drunk with today.

I guess virtual will have to do. :cheerz:

Sierra Nevada 307h Anniversary Jack and Ken's Black Barleywine.

After nearly three years, this beer is tasting almost exactly like a blend of my old Buffalo homebrew club's (Brewbonic Plague) Black Death and Red Death. Those were 154 IBUs, but backed with lots of complex red and brown fruit esters, and weren't the most sophisticated concoctions ever, but good enough to win gold at a local competition, back in '91.

I'm rewarding myself for a day of hard work cleaning out the basement with a glass of Blues Cat from a freshly-opened bottle, after a lengthy absinthe dry-spell.

(Now, I must ask you, was that a run-on sentence?)

Cheers!

:cheerz:

Edited by sardonix

I'm rewarding myself for a day of hard work cleaning out the basement with a glass of Blues Cat from a freshly-opened bottle, after a lengthy absinthe dry-spell.

(Now, I must ask you, was that a run-on sentence?)

Not if you had added a comma after "basement", but the way it looks now, you were cleaning your basement with a a glass of Blues Cat. :shock: :tongue: :laugh:

Funny, but one of my cats actually did knock over and break a half-full bottle of Kübler that was on my downstairs desk.

(I wasn't nearly as upset as I would have been if it was a DP offering)

The cellar was fresher-smelling for some time afterward, so I think it was probably worth it... :laugh:

My housemate has a ladyfriend over; she wanted beer. All we had in the fridge was my 700 ml bottle of Chimay.

So I'm enjoying a delicious goblet of Belgian ale, while she enjoys her glass in the other room.

I have an excuse to drink my "special occasion beer". She's tasting Belgian ale for the first time, and my housemate is likely getting laid. Everyone wins.