DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Enough. Interesting word, that one...........starting in on the second 750 of LFDM (hey, a new abbreviation - albeit, just a beer).

Speaking of those (abbreviations, not beers), after catching up a bit more on stuff here (and knowing full well that y'all knew what I meant anyway), I won't be referring to those bottles of modern hooch I just got from over there as "PF1901". Someone also mentioned relaxing and taking a second to spell out the name for the sake of the producer, and I would agree that that's a good thing.

But hey - in the end, it's your prerogative.

:cheerz:

Pernod's legal might have had an issue with the name PF1901, especially since Pernod has decided to cash in on the absinthe fad by selling crapsinthe. So now it is called Jade Liqueurs 1901. Since I'm lazy, I just call it JL1901. Real PF1901 would be a treat, although I've only sampled PF1914.

Heh. Here's a cocktail that's bound to get no respect:

2 ounces Jagermeister

2 ounces Cherry Coke

3 dashes Angostura bitters

Juice of one lemon

Stir the Jag, bitters, and lemon juice over ice, then top off with Cherry Coke and gently stir.

I think it tastes pretty good.

Dixie Brewing co's Blackened Voodoo Lager.

@thickasabrick: Meh do what you want. Jager isn't my bag, but I have no beef with anyone drinking it. If you like the drink that is what counts. :) Now don't you go doing keg-stands and hazing the pledges :laugh:

Edited by Cajun Magic

A little red wine, some Southern Tier Creme Brulee stout, and I'll probably wind things up with a little lemoncello in an icy glass. :cheers:

I have...it's superlative!

Another excellent stout I'm drinking at the moment is Snoqualmie Falls' Louis Quatorze 14th Anniversary Imperial.

Edited by Absomphe

Sierra Nevada Floral IPA, from the 2012 Beer Camp 12 pack.

(I think you're supposed to try each of the 4 styles, so that's what I plan on doing...)

:biggrin:

Had a bit of fate go for me rather than against me today. (woohoo) So I'm celebrating just a little and having another small glass of Chartreuse.

I'm going to have to switch to something much less sweet soon.

:cheers:

Edited by Hedonmonkey

Lately, I have been sipping on a treat known as La Grande Josiane, a wonderful orange armagnac tipple. My new mission in life: to find as many bottles of this as I can. Yes, it's that good. :cheers:

A Dry Manhattan (Sazerac Rye, Noilly Prat, Dash of Peychaud's, and garnished with a cherry). It's excellent. I really found my craft with classics! ;)

Edited by Cajun Magic

Fort George Cavatica Stout.

Creamy body, roasty, chocolate-y, with more than a hint of coffee, and fairly dry in the finish.

An unpretentious and very tasty offering.

Thanks, luv.

It's probably just as well that you're not so inclined, since absinthe can be enough of a monetary drain.*

* Aw, don't listen to that whiner, he's just my wallet putting his (last) two cents in. :laugh:

So far, we have had Blues Cat, L'Ancienne,and Rubis. We now embark upon a voyage back in time that starts with Jade 1898 VS.

More as the situation develops further.

okay. So, when we last saw our heroes they were pouring out a fresh glarse of VS 1898 circa 2012, followed by the same brand circa 2005. Definitely aging into a rounder fuller powderier thing it is. We then take the plunge and sample a glarse of CF Berger 1910. well now. This is something wonderful indeed! After a somewhat lengthy recovery period we finally pull out the Dubeid/Duval 1895. A fine treat for the nose, mouth and mind we find it to be, Precious. Deep, dark, and rich. As a final course we have a taste of the PF 1914 "green". A familiar taste it is now, and what a fine familiar friend it is. Now that the dust has settled, we are finishing up a glarse of L'Ancienne to help ease our descent to Earth and smooth out the bumps of re-entry.

Today has been day of great favor from the Booze Gods. May we all be blessed with many more in perpetuity!