DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

HG....L'Ancienne...HG

Three of my favs. Hopefully with a bit of luck, tomorrow Ridge Verte will be the drink of the evening. Not a bad end to a night of antique map making.

I find with the Sauvage, you can coax a fine louche by dropping in just a few drops of water to get the reaction started. Be patient, just a few to start, half a teaspoonful maybe. Give it a minute. Then start again, slowly. by 1/1 you can let er rip and come out with a fine louche.

Patience it does a body good. :)

Probably works with corks too. ;)

Well, hiya. Long time, no... Hope you've all been well.

Pardon the absence. I do that sometimes.

So - started with my first glass ever of any Jade - this being the PF1901. Nice! Nothing spectacular just yet; I expect it needs to breathe a bit or something. Took advantage of that nice price break from overseas to grab a couple of these - wasn't aware of the label change...it's cool. None more black.

Followed that with the first pour from a fresh bottle of my old pal, Mansinthe (also from over there). I don't really remember it having such a thick mouthfeel, nearly candy-like sweetness, and prominent "baby powder", but I'm glad to have it in the cupboard again. It's been a while, and I really enjoy it.

During my leave, I continued to explore the wonderful world of this fine booze we love. Along the way (and always with the guidance gleaned while lurking on these threads), I raced through bottles of Blues Cat (how the heck did that go so quickly?) and MoL, did constant side-by-sides / follow one with the other of the amazing A.O. Spare and H.R. Giger offerings from Matter, judiciously sipped from bottles of Sauvage and '08 Marteau (which I continue to do...), and put away more Leopold Bros., Pacifique, and VP than I care to specify.

Liver, don't fail me now.

Cheers, all! :cheers:

I picked up a bottle of Antica Forumla (specifically for negronis), and as warned, all of my panties seem to have been whisked away.

I just wish I could bathe in the stuff.

I find with the Sauvage, you can coax a fine louche by dropping in just a few drops of water to get the reaction started. Be patient, just a few to start, half a teaspoonful maybe. Give it a minute. Then start again, slowly. by 1/1 you can let er rip and come out with a fine louche.

Patience it does a body good. :)

Probably works with corks too. ;)

Oh, I can get a great louche out of it, but its inability to louche also means something is missing. It seems BC has those missing ingredients to spare. It actualy worked wonders, creating a nice balance for all that wonderful Aa. Kinda what Jules does in a single bottle, great Aa with a nice balance.

the corks? Yeah, I could be a bit more patient, but to be honest knowing the JL1901 is a Jade I was quite careful, the cork was just more brittle that the previous Jade corks I had. That and I failed to heed th advice of more experienced folks about the twin blade puller. To be corrected before I next open a corked absinthe.

Lunch IS coming up, though... ;)

In that case, here's hopin' youse can keep it down with the help of the perfect beverage, buddy! ;) :cheers:

Edited by Absomphe

... That and I failed to heed the advice of more experienced folks about the twin blade puller. To be corrected before I next open a corked absinthe.

Just another bit of advice, and that is that the "twin prong" can be a little tricky at first. Probably best to try it on a couple of $10.00 wines first before you start in on your next Jade. And to stay totally in character I'm going to take this opportunity to pick a nit... and nothing personal. However, the correct expression is "cork finished". That refers to the closure on any beverage. "Corked", refers to a beverage that has been spoiled by contamination from a TCA tainted cork.

I've been using a twin-prong opener for some time - minimizes cork debris in the bottle. Glad I had it for that PF1901; seems the tales of brittle corks I read here recently are absolutely true. Even with the twin-prong, I nearly tore that spongy cork in half. It was only through deep breathing and much care and patience that I was able to extricate that fragile thing from the bottle.

It was promptly replaced with a T-cork from a fallen soldier.

Duplais Verte for starters. What a gorgeous green right out of the bottle. I remember I wasn't very impressed my first go round with Duplais. I found it kinda boring at the time. I had only about 4 or 5 absinthes under my belt then. But now I find it quite remarkable. Go figure. ;)

Arrogant Bastard

Well, that sure suits ya now don't it? :arrr: :devil:

btw; that's some nice map making my friend. Beautiful work. :thumbup:

Edited by Songcatcher