Absomphe

Eichelberger 68

You live in Oregon. It enters the US at NYC, which is where I live, but then it travels via ground, so it may take you an extra week or so to get it.

Had a glass of Eichelberger tonight and I'm stunned.

Without a doubt my favourite of the vertes this far. Have to compare to a glass of Ed to be 100% sure, I think...

Anyway a big :cheers: to the creator!!

And an equally big :cheers: to the vendor in Germany for perfect delivery.

The Eichelberger reminds me of a mid-tier HG from about 2 years ago. Back when Fudgerolls was the hot item, I wouldn't have believed that abinsthe of this quality would ever be on the market. Then I compared it with an absolute top-notch artisinal that's had about 9 months aging.

I appreciated the quality of the Eichelberger. But the HG was so good that I just couldn't stop laughing.

But the HG was so good that I just couldn't stop laughing.

Wonder what herbs, besides the obligatory, was included in that HG :P

I sampled one or two of those recently, right after an Eichelberger.

I would say I came closer to experiencing tears of joy than outbursts of laughter, but I have a feeling the underlying emotion was the same. :)

Wonder what herbs, besides the obligatory, was included in that HG :P

Nitrous Oxide doesn't come in herb form.

Seriously though, herbs are only part of the equation. Process, and repeating that process many many times are the key. I find the Eichelberger to be the first commercial release that I would include on my top shelf, even if it doesn't beat the best HGs. It does have an unusual taste, but one I like, and it's also the cleanest tasting absinthe on the market.

I haven't felt exactly qualified to comment on the Ike, since the only other CO verte I've tried is the Montmarte, but there's something about the aroma after it louches that I find unpleasant. I don't smell it in the Montmarte, and it's certainly not in the BdA or the Clandestine. All in all, I like the Ike, but it's not the first thing I'd reach for when I want an absinthe.

I finally got to try the Ike and I have to say it is really delicious. With so many new absinthes it is hard to keep my head up and my pocket full!

I find the Eichelberger to be the first commercial release that I would include on my top shelf, even if it doesn't beat the best HGs.

I agree with you totally. :cheers:

So the concensus is that it's good stuff...

Which supplier is carrying it at the moment, and what's the gut feeling on the courier? By "economy", I assume we mean economy shipping, as opposed to courier? I really wouldn't want to lose a shipment if I were to order.

Will LDF be getting it soon, to our knowledge?

Great reviews, by the way - thanks, guys. More than just "good stuff," some good descriptive terms as well. I can *almost* taste it.

I finally got to try the Ike and I have to say it is really delicious.  With so many new absinthes it is hard to keep my head up and my pocket full!

Somehow, I just knew you'd become an instant fan, Deluge. :)

I find the Eichelberger to be the first commercial release that I would include on my top shelf, even if it doesn't beat the best HGs.

I agree with you totally. :cheers:

It really does remind me of some of :censor1:'s better efforts.

Edited by Hiram

Perhaps, but I noticed quite a change in Moonjuice over just a few months of aging, and not always to the positive.

The stuff you've sampled for comparison has probably mutated quite a bit since it was a spring chicken.

MM's stuff always did have a somewhat winier and fruitier underpinning, though.

I only said it had a hint of a certain flavour reminiscent of a bottle I had obtained from the Moon.

The next thing, everyone says it tastes like Moonman's.

As soon as LDF gets this I will be breaking the piggy bank open again :cheers:

I'm gettin' the shakes myself Greytail. I'm really fighting the urge to pull the trigger for a bottle of the Ike, Duplais, and Markus Special. I'm trying to hold out until after the Redneck Gala, but it is geting harder by the day

After the Georgia gathering you are going to be spoiled rotten. We already have some generous donations pouring in.

The Ike is very different from anything lunar I've had. It has more flavour, and also a wonderful, mellow mouthfeel that I haven't found in stuff from the Moon, or in any other of the (too few) HGs I've tried.