Brooks

Jade Blanchette

Has anyone else taken the plunge?

I have a bottle ordered too, Brooks. I have to confess I was a little disappointed in the label design - at least on the LdF site, it doesn't look as attractive as the other Jades. A smaller bottle also (50cl). Judge a book by the cover? Me? Never...

What do other people think of the design?

blanchettebottlebetter.jpg

label based on original; done, with advise given to, but without supervision, by the distillery. bottle size chosen to sell better in france. there will be a 1 liter size in the next batch, not expected until mid-march.

post-49-1138750891.jpg

Has no one else ordered a bottle? There you have it, Brian: We're on the cutting edge.

It's going to be up to you to wow the forum with an in-depth critique, since I'm no good at these things. I promise to back you up with comments like "Well put!", "God, yes!", and "You've never been so right!"

Well put! God, yes!

(I think the reason the Blanchette is cheaper is because it's a smallish bottle. At least I hope that's the reason.)

Sorry to post before introducing myself but; I've had a couple of bottles of this stuff and I doubt anyone will be disappointed in it. So far, I like it better than the other Jades.

Got a huge ordering going in to LDF in about a week and a half (splitting an order with several others to save a little on shipping costs; and the Blanchette is definitely on my list.

Little timmy was a chemist ,

but now he is no more ,

because what he thought was H2O was H2SO4.

Anyone who is afraid of yellow snow, don't drink modern Herbsaint. It's a nice neon pee yellow. Who ever made their colouring suggestion should be fired.

Timothy,

Timothy,

Joe was looking at you....

I must have blacked out just about then

'Cause the very next thing that I recall

Was the light of the day coming through.

My stomach was full as it could be

And nobody ever got around to finding Timothy.

Oscar and Hissy: love those tandem posts!

I saw Timothy Leary at the University of Arizona back in the mid-'80s. I'm not sure if he was incoherent or I was just too dense, but I doubt anyone could repeat the gist of his lecture. Or at least there'd be little overlap in the recollection.

Timothy probably would, too, since acid is colorless.

How then the colorful blotter names like "orange sunshine"? Of course, if you wanted clear, there was always "windowpane"...

One Jade may be larger

and one Jade may be small

for the Jade that Ted will sell you

the Flying Monkeys must be called

go ask LDF

when the proof is done